Default FA Inca 250 Table Saw Outstanding Condition

please check he

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1
thanks for looking.

Luigi Zanasi

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:03:58 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

Yup. One of the peculiarities of their bandsaw was that the blade ran on
the edge of the wheels with the teeth hanging over the edge. I can't
find a thing about them in Switzerland either. Me thinks they are gone
the way of Elu...

You mean Black & Decker bought Inca & painted everything yellow?

--

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

John Moorhead

Hello there!

I saw an Inca saw on ebay and did some research... My concerns (and reason
for not bidding) was 1) parts and 2 ) parts... As near as I could tell, the
arbor wasn't the standard 5/8, which makes sense, since its a euro saw... I
didn't want to risk not being able to get a blade at Safeway, Wal Mart, etc.
if the need arose...

As for Garrett Wade, I don't think it was a quality issue, it had to do with
safety regs. The saw, as you see (there's a limrick here somewhere) has a
tilting table, rather than a tilting arbor, and I think that new saws with
tilting tables were illegal for import or distribution. Low sales were an
issue too, I am sure... Cutting a bevel on a board looks to be a real PITA
on a saw like this....

Anyway, hope this helps. Didn't Inca also make Bandsaws??

John Moorhead

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

item

If that company was still around, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Are they really gone, or is it just the US suppliers? Garrett Wade, IIRC,
said something about declining quality as a reason for dropping them.
There
also used to be a west coast supplier in the LA area.

Lobby Dosser

"John Moorhead" wrote:

Hello there!

I saw an Inca saw on ebay and did some research... My concerns (and
reason for not bidding) was 1) parts and 2 ) parts... As near as I
could tell, the arbor wasn't the standard 5/8, which makes sense,
since its a euro saw... I didn't want to risk not being able to get a
blade at Safeway, Wal Mart, etc. if the need arose...

As for Garrett Wade, I don't think it was a quality issue, it had to
do with safety regs. The saw, as you see (there's a limrick here
somewhere) has a tilting table, rather than a tilting arbor, and I
think that new saws with tilting tables were illegal for import or
distribution. Low sales were an issue too, I am sure... Cutting a
bevel on a board looks to be a real PITA on a saw like this....

Their newer saws had a tilting arbor, so I don't think that could be the
issue. And yes, a tilting table is a PITA. I have an old Shopsmith. I
don't think tilting tables can be illegal, since Shopsmith still makes
their machines and the table on the Shopsmith *has* to tilt, since it is
direct drive and there is no way to tilt the motor.

FWW reviewed the newer Inca TS about five years ago.

Just checked the Garrett Wade site - the issue was cost.

http://www.garrettwade.com/jump.jsp?...&itemID=102279
&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&iProductID= 102279

Anyway, hope this helps. Didn't Inca also make Bandsaws??

They did. I have their Euro 260 model - 8" with 6" resaw. Blades are
appx. 72" and readily available. It is a great saw. Older printings of
the Duzginski (sp?) Bandsaw book use the Inca in many of the resaw
photographs. Got mine years ago from a supplier in LA whose name I can't
recall.

John Moorhead

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

item

If that company was still around, I'd be all over it like white on
rice.

Are they really gone, or is it just the US suppliers? Garrett Wade,
IIRC, said something about declining quality as a reason for dropping
them. There
also used to be a west coast supplier in the LA area.

Lobby Dosser

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
"John Moorhead" wrote:

Didn't Inca also make Bandsaws

Yup. One of the peculiarities of their bandsaw was that the blade ran on
the edge of the wheels with the teeth hanging over the edge. I can't
find a thing about them in Switzerland either. Me thinks they are gone
the way of Elu...

They moved their woodworking operation to France. My bandsaw was built
there.
Robatoy

In article u4%Gd.5881$HT6.717@trnddc04,
Lobby Dosser wrote:

They did. I have their Euro 260 model - 8" with 6" resaw. Blades are
appx. 72" and readily available. It is a great saw. Older printings of
the Duzginski (sp?) Bandsaw book use the Inca in many of the resaw
photographs. Got mine years ago from a supplier in LA whose name I can't
recall.

Mark Duginske and Karl Eichorn wrote a book called The Inca Woodworking
Machinery Handbook. 1984 ISBN 3-906495 01 9
I'm looking at an original as I type. Best book I have seen on the
topics it covers. I bought it from Lee Valley 20 years ago and have used
it as my main reference.
The book covers an Inca 20" three-wheeler bandsaw as well as a smaller
two-wheeler.
I always dreamt of owning an Inca shaper, a real sweet piece. I guess I
can now put that dream in the same box as that Bentley Continental R.

Inca 12" Table Saw Steve Woodworking 2 December 3rd 04 11:54 PM
FA Inca Model 250/259 Table Saw + Mortising Table ENDS TODAY chris borden Woodworking 0 November 17th 04 05:44 AM
FA Inca Model 250/259 Table Saw + Mortising Table *Excellent* chris borden Woodworking 0 November 10th 04 11:18 PM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM