Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
George

Default Resawing on a Bandsaw

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

I'm new to resawing, and I have some questions.

Assuming I am cutting several slices about 10" wide....

Should the piece I cut off be next to the fence, or on the other side
of the blade? If it's next to the fence, I can cut several pieces of
the same width. But then any rough surface is magnified on the next
slice. If it's away from the fence, I have to adjust the fence for
each cut, which means the slices may be of inconsistent width. Looking
at a picture in Duginske's Bandsaw Bench Guide he does it away from the
fence. Which is better?

When I try without a push stick, and I shift my hands when I get near
the end of the board, the saw line wanders. Duginske doesn't appear to
use a push stick in the photo. So - push stick or not?

I've got a 14" Jet w/riser and Kreg fence, 7" resaw fence, & 3/4"
TimberWolf blade.

I put the "fence" to the right of the blade but it's a clamp-on. Reason I
do this is I'm right handed, and the clumsy left is just fine for
maintaining pressure against the fence as the right guides through. A push
stick with a hook at the rear will handle both pressure on the fence and
push forward. Who gives a rats how chewed up it gets?

You get that thin 3/4 TW? Got one, and it saws a treat.