Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vince Heuring

Default The things we do for friends. Cutting down doors.

I just got a call from a friend wanting me to "help" him cut down three
doors. He wants to remove about 1/2" from each dimension, both width
and length. Ugh. I'll use a clamping guide and a circular saw to cut
the width, but cutting the long side is another story. He doesn't want
me to use the circular saw freehand, nor does he want me to use a
hand-held electric or hand plane. So I guess it's going to be an 80"
rip on the table saw. Ugh^2.

I plan on using rollers for infeed and the outfeed table for the
outfeed side. With maybe a roller beyond that. Any helpful
suggestions beyond, "get a new friend"?

--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.