PDQ

=20
"bf" wrote in message =
oups.com...
| I know some people hate laminate, but it's not junk if you buy the
| quality stuff.
| Very durable, withstands spills well. Installs easy.
| If you don't like the look, I can respect that, but it's a quality
| product that wears well and is very durable.
|=20
| I've seen a couple amatuers attempt to install hardwood flooring, and
| it did not come out well. They particularly had trouble doing the last
| few courses near the wall. When you can't get the nailer between the
| studs (since the drywall is up),
| it's difficult.
|=20
| I think you overestimating the typical amateur here. I've seen bungled
| up jobs.
| I don't know the original poster, but it seemed he had very little
| experience.
|=20
Be careful what you write. This amateur installed his own hardwood =
floors after kicking out the professionals who either ignored or did not =
know the rule about starting at the "feature" and ending up at the =
opposite wall.

In my case, the pros started at the opposite wall and got to within 6 =
inches of my archway before realizing that the wood strips would not fit =
in the strip. As well, the installed a 4 inch bullnose instead of a 6 =
inch with the result that the curved portion of the steps did not meet =
properly with the straight part. The only thing they did right was have =
the curved portion sublet to a stair manufacturing company.

By the time I was done fixing their stupidity, I had ripped out the =
bullnose and replaced it with proper 6 inch and cut and "Frenched in" a =
thin filler strip to finish their screw-up. If you didn't know it was =
there, you wouldn't see it

I now have over 2,000 square feet of excellent flooring and a serious =
compressor to show for my effort. Now I can even do my own spray =
painting (very limited ability here)

The pros did, however, pay to fix their error.

=20
--=20

PDQ