Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default BEWA Harbor Freight poor customer service...

I made the mistake of placing a $300+ order with Harbor Freight just
before the Holidays.

Items never arrived. I tried calling customer service but got repeated
busy signals.

Finally, today, I was told that item was delivered last week and left
on the "porch" -- the porch however is in clear open view to the
public and covered in snow.. (we live in northern New England)

Rather than take responsibility for it and attempt to quickly correct
the error, the customer service person offered the following non-solution:
- Wait another 8-10 business days for them to follow up with UPS
- Then, order again and wait another 10-14 days for item to be
reordered and redelivered (assuming of course that items are still
even in stock)

In all (at best) it will take more than 2 months for them to fulfill my
order.

The customner service droid and supervisor said that is the "policy"
and they were not open to any other solutions, even if I was willing
to back it up with my credit card.

They showed no empathy and refused to even admit that they or their
agent (UPS) may have done something wrong here (like leaving large
boxes of expensive metal tools out on an exposed porch in the snow)

I guess there is a reason for their cheap prices...

If you have had any similar negative customer service experiences with
Harbor Freight, please feel free to share them so that the next newbie
can be fully "cavet emptor" before purchasing.

I WOULD RECOMMEND AVOIDING HARBOR FREIGHT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Repair 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Ownership 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM