B a r r y

Default Newer K-Body reversable head

Has anyone tried grinding the peen off of an older K-Body to use the
clamp as a spreader?

I noticed the newer versions have a removable plastic stop. I'm
figuring that I can use a bolt or clevis as a keeper if I modify the clamp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barry
Leon

"B a r r y" wrote in message
news
Has anyone tried grinding the peen off of an older K-Body to use the clamp
as a spreader?

I noticed the newer versions have a removable plastic stop. I'm figuring
that I can use a bolt or clevis as a keeper if I modify the clamp.

I am sure the clamp will work in the opposite direction. I have used my
CabinetMasters several times in that set up and am very pleased with having
that capability. As for the plastic stop, IIRC that is an adaptation
similar to the what the CabinetMasters have. It acts as a stop but more
importantly it is a foot that holds the clamp up off the surface enough that
the sliding part of the clamp will slide freely back and forth along the bar
with out having to lift that part up off the table to make adjustments. You
might as well fabricate that little piece as well and really make the clamps
convenient to use.

B a r r y

Leon wrote:

You
might as well fabricate that little piece as well and really make the clamps
convenient to use.

If the clamps work, I figured I would make some wood bits to update my
collection.

Thanks!
Barry

Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
How to Adjust the Tape Path Alignment on Newer VCRs Jim Electronics Repair 24 March 15th 04 09:30 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM