Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Yippeee! New saw is up and running!

Hiya Folks,
Just putting the finishing touches on my new G1023SL. I got the 220V and
sub panel wired today and
put my Vega fence on it. When I first fired it up, I thought "Oh great,
this is no better than my contractor
saw". It was kind of noisy and failed the nickle test miserably (actually
my Jet contractor saw passes this
test with no problems). So unplugged the thing and started tinkering a
bit. Tightened the belts although they
didn't seem to be awfully loose and voila, passes the nickle test.

All in all, I'm happy with it and my progress considering I unloaded it, put
it on a mobile stand, installed the Vega,
ran a new subpanel, and got it all tuned up in about a day and a half with
no "helpers". Now I just gotta decide
if I want to keep that 44" extension table on it. Sure looks nice but in a
2 car garage (which houses the wife's car
at night), it sure takes up space. May just go back to my 36" extension.
I'll have to get the Jet saw cleaned up and
see if I can sell it. Kind of sad actually as it's my first saw and it's
been a pretty good workhorse for me. Hmmm,
can I stash 2 saws in the garage.......

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble a bit.

Cheers,
cc