Steve

Default Drill Doctor 500

I received a Drill Doctor 500 for Xmas. Trying it out for the first time and
the alignment step seems a little sloppy, especially with the smaller drills.
Seems to be a lot of slop between the chuck and alignment port. Any one with
experience with these things have any comments?
Matthew

Agreed that the smaller bits are more difficult to align correctly -- OTOH,
smaller drill bits are much cheaper, so I just replace those. My drill
doctor does a great job on bits larger than 3/16. Anything smaller, I just
replace.

Matthew
"Steve" wrote in message
ink.net...
I received a Drill Doctor 500 for Xmas. Trying it out for the first time
and
the alignment step seems a little sloppy, especially with the smaller
drills.
Seems to be a lot of slop between the chuck and alignment port. Any one
with
experience with these things have any comments?

Mortiser vs. Drill Press Adam Diehl Woodworking 16 November 28th 04 02:14 AM
Drill help barry martin Home Repair 0 November 2nd 04 11:27 PM
Bench Top Drill Press That Can Swing Drill Head Jay Chan Woodworking 8 April 4th 04 10:17 PM
Disappointed with carbide drill bit performance Ben Metalworking 3 January 15th 04 02:58 PM
Tool sharpening in general ss Metalworking 4 October 28th 03 12:55 PM