HotRod

Default Bandsaw blades 80'?

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

Rob Walters

Call Suffolk Machinery - (800)234-7297. They make the Timberwolf blades
and will whip one up for you in any length you want.

Rob

http://www.amateurtermite.com

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated with, employed by, or related to
anyone who works for Suffolk Machinery. YMMV.

"HotRod" wrote in message
This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I

was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine

30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

Tom

Check out amazon.com. They've got a few 80-inchers. Tom
Work at your leisure!

Rob Walters

"Al Reid" wrote in message
Or you might want to try http://www.ebandsawblades.com . Same blades,

same price, but with online ordering.

Ya learn sumptin new every day I'll keep that link handy...thanks Al.

But if you're not quite sure which blade you need, the folks who answer the
phone at Suffolk can help you out there too. Either way, super people to
work with.

Rob

Al Reid

"Al Reid" wrote in message
Or you might want to try http://www.ebandsawblades.com . Same blades,

same price, but with online ordering.

Ya learn sumptin new every day I'll keep that link handy...thanks Al.

But if you're not quite sure which blade you need, the folks who answer the
phone at Suffolk can help you out there too. Either way, super people to
work with.

Rob

I agree. I have called them plenty in the past. Now that I know what I need, It is often more convenient to use online ordering.
I always seem to forget to call during normal business hours.

Clint

Try http://www.tufftooth.com/. I've ordered from them in the past, and had
good luck. They will make a blade any size you need.

You can also try www.leevalley.com. They have 80" blades for the Sears
machines.

Both of these companies are in Ontario.

Clint

"HotRod" wrote in message
This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I

was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine

30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

Stephen Young

HotRod wrote:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

Sounds simple but can you get to Sears? They still sell them. You could
order from them online too.
John T

I can get 80" blades for my Sears 12" at sears, woodcraft, and the farm
store locally, and I've seen them at several online places.

John