Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew

Default Ryobi, why no demand for it?

Looking over Ebay auctions, I noiced that Ryobi tools are going for way
less than other brands and most don't have any bids. I've always
thought Ryobi to be a decent DYI brand, good for the price at least.
Perhaps a step above B&D, on par with Skil, but definitely below PC.
But it looks like people are actually avoiding Ryobi at the (IMHO)
decent prices and paying 2-3x for a Dewalt. Personally I don't
understand the Dewalt craze. You'd think at least frugal woodworkers
like myself would rather have a cheapie Ryobi than no tool at all.

I bring this up because I got a used 12V 3/8" drill kit (2 batteries +
charger) for $30, which I thought was an okay price, at a local shop.
I'm very happy with it even though 12V is now outdated. I started
looking up other Ryobi tools and realized few people talk about it and
even fewer places sell it. Do many fellow woodworkers follow the
all-or-nothing philosophy? Get the best you can afford or don't get
it??
Andy

M akita or RYOBI Phil UK diy 37 March 9th 04 05:47 PM
Ryobi & Craftsman (newbie Q) RLK Woodworking 7 September 24th 03 01:06 AM
Ryobi vs DeWalt cordless review Sam Hopkins Woodworking 8 September 11th 03 04:43 PM