Default New Woodworking Website

Hey Fellow Woodworkers,

I am in the process of developing a new woodworking website. Similar
to this group, I want it to be a place for woodworkers to learn from
each other, share their advice and show off their workshops and
favorite projects.

Would any of you be interested in featuring your workshop, completed
projects or providing advice on a particular topic on my site? I plan
to include my shop and some projects I've done, but it would be borring
with just my stuff. Once the site is launched, visitors will have an
opportunity to submit additional articles to be posted.

Also, if you have anything in particular you would like to see on the
site, please let me know that as well.

By the way, don't worry, I'm not selling anything. I just want to make
this site as useful as possible.

Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Fellow Woodworkers,

I am in the process of developing a new woodworking website. Similar
to this group, I want it to be a place for woodworkers to learn from
each other, share their advice and show off their workshops and
favorite projects.

So if the conversations are not up to you standards you will edit or filter
the comments? If not, whats the point of yet another site to water down the
information available now?

Well, I really don't intend to "edit or filter" the content assuming
it's on topic. Also, I wanted to make it a place for woodworkers to
show off their shops and see how others have set theirs up. Also a
place to show completed projects and get design & technique ideas.

Art Ransom

I do primarily turning but you might be interested

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Fellow Woodworkers,

I am in the process of developing a new woodworking website. Similar
to this group, I want it to be a place for woodworkers to learn from
each other, share their advice and show off their workshops and
favorite projects.

Would any of you be interested in featuring your workshop, completed
projects or providing advice on a particular topic on my site? I plan
to include my shop and some projects I've done, but it would be borring
with just my stuff. Once the site is launched, visitors will have an
opportunity to submit additional articles to be posted.

Also, if you have anything in particular you would like to see on the
site, please let me know that as well.

By the way, don't worry, I'm not selling anything. I just want to make
this site as useful as possible.

Robatoy

In article ,
"ted harris" wrote:

http://www.shoptours.org/

Fabulous... just what I was looking for.

*Tips hat* to Ted Harris.

Rob---who doesn't sweat the petty things
or pets the sweaty things.
ted harris

In typed:
Also, I wanted to make it a place for woodworkers to
show off their shops and see how others have set theirs up. Also a
place to show completed projects and get design & technique ideas.

http://www.shoptours.org/
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Bob McConnell

On 6 Jan 2005 11:28:22 -0800, "
wrote:

Well, I really don't intend to "edit or filter" the content assuming
it's on topic. Also, I wanted to make it a place for woodworkers to
show off their shops and see how others have set theirs up. Also a
place to show completed projects and get design & technique ideas.

Then I would suggest a wiki style site. There are several packages
available. I was looking at the page for one on Source Forge last
night. The Wiki-pedia is probably the most popular variation.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Thanks all for the feedback. I didn't know about www.shoptours.com.
No need to create another site like that if it's already out there.
Fortunately I was in early concepting stages and hadn't invested too
much design time (Obviously not enough research time either. Ha! But,
that was partially why I posted this string). I'll need to re-evaluate
what goes into the site if anything.

BTW, I'm open to any suggestions for site ideas that you haven't seen
online yet.