Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Groggy

Default Compressed air lines

Over the years the threads on using PVC vs black pipe have been of
minor interest to me as, 'one day' , I intended to put lines in the
shop.

Yesterday I spent the day putting in 5 outlets. The piping was
polyethlene with polypropylene fittings. Connection was very easy, cut
with SCMS and tighten nut by hand - that's it.

At the end of the day I ran it up to 150PSI and didn't get a hint of a
leak. One of the things that attracted me to this setup was the fact
that if I move house I simply unscrew the system by hand and take it
with me.

Cost: US$290 for 65' of 1" pipe, 4 Ts, 4 elbows, 5 stop cocks,
associated fitting connectors and mounting saddles.

http://www.polair.com.au/index.html

I'm looking forward to a shop free of snaking hoses.

Greg