Schroeder

Default On west coast - White oak - kd for $1.35/BF - Is this a good price????

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf. I don't buy much lumber, but he
has 300 bf sitting there ready to go. So is that a fair/cheap price for the
area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

Thanks -
Schroeder

Lew Hodgett

"Schroeder" writes:

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf.

Location?

Lew

Kevin

"Schroeder" f@f wrote in message
Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf. I don't buy much lumber, but
he
has 300 bf sitting there ready to go. So is that a fair/cheap price for
the
area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

Thanks -
Schroeder

Everyone lookout! It's a gloat!

patrick conroy

"Schroeder" f@f wrote in message

area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

Seams/seems like a great buy.

Prometheus

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:13:08 -0800, "Schroeder" f@f wrote:

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf. I don't buy much lumber, but he
has 300 bf sitting there ready to go. So is that a fair/cheap price for the
area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

That's almost criminal, it's so cheap. I'd nab a bunch of it at that
price, and I'm not even a big fan of oak.

Thanks -
Schroeder

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Silvan

Schroeder wrote:

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf. I don't buy much lumber, but
he
has 300 bf sitting there ready to go. So is that a fair/cheap price for
the
area? seems like a good buy, but would like to here from the wreck...

Don't know about the area all the way on the left coast and too far north
besides, but in my corner of Virginia that would be cheaper than what
poplar goes for at my local wood supplier.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:07:45 -0800, "Schroeder" f@f calmly ranted:

NW Oregon

Name of the mill?
City?
Phone number?
Address?
Minimum purchase required?
Any QS?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...

"Schroeder" writes:

Local west coast mill is offering kd White oak, 8-foot lengths, s2s, 1
1/8-inch, varying widths for $1.35 per bf.

Location?

-
In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare
------
http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:26:44 -0800, "Schroeder" f@f calmly ranted:

Thanks everyone for the help..., good to know I wasn't just being cheap.
I guess it is now officially a "gloat"...its in my shop now.

So you're not going to tell us where the mill is located
or how to contact them?

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----

Slowhand

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:26:44 -0800, "Schroeder" f@f calmly ranted:

Thanks everyone for the help..., good to know I wasn't just being cheap.
I guess it is now officially a "gloat"...its in my shop now.

So you're not going to tell us where the mill is located
or how to contact them?

I think I saw the ad in the Oregonion.
SH

I don't see it in Yesterday's paper. hmmm.

Slowhand

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't see it in Yesterday's paper. hmmm.

I saw some on woodweb I think yesterday (in oregon). That may be the place.
SH