Scott

Default Joining Melamine

Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)

--
The deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn. Come in she said I'll give you shelter from the storm.
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:30:06 -0500, Scott wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4F269.E2D53D10

Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in =
a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw =
for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. =
Cillyman (scott)=20

Hi - can you turn off HTML posting? It makes your message nearly
unreadable.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4F269.E2D53D10

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But nothing really =
matters=20
much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one eyed undertaker, he blows =
a=20
futile horn. Come in she said I'll give you shelter from the storm.=20
/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4F269.E2D53D10--

See what I mean?

John

Conformat screws are specifically desinged for this. Would suggest
augmenting with glue (Titebond works well)

John

wrote:

Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help. Cillyman (scott)

David

Glue: Roo Glue http://www.rooglue.com/

Screws: Confirmat
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas..._assembly.html

David

Scott wrote:
Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in
a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw
for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help.
Cillyman (scott)

--
The deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But
nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one
eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn. Come in she said I'll give you
shelter from the storm.

John

Yes

John

#8 lowroot, 2-1/2" self sinking head....pre-drill with 1/8 bit.

Use a laquer based white glue.
Bernie Hunt

Check out http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat=20.1.1.2
Mcfeely's offers a starter kit with screws, step drill, plugs and drive bit.
I'v done a number of shop cabinet projects and office printer stands using
these and have been very happy. Do be aware thy use a very large drive bit.
It's the same kind of bit you see for deck screws.

Bernie

Scott wrote:
Hello I was wondering what should be my choice for joining melamine in
a butt joint, dowel, screws and or glue. What is the best specific screw
for melamine ? What is the glue I should use ? Thanks for your help.
Cillyman (scott)

--
The deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But
nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts. And the one
eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn. Come in she said I'll give you
shelter from the storm.

melamine shelf deflection (long) loutent Woodworking 10 December 4th 04 03:00 AM
Pre-made melamine cabinets in different colors? Dolchas Home Repair 1 June 1st 04 01:01 PM
Melamine primer Andy Hall UK diy 6 September 7th 03 12:26 AM
Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine? Rich UK diy 1 July 10th 03 03:32 PM