Dick Snyder

Default Pretty good dust collection doing some kinds of free hand routing

In the June/July 2004 issue of Wood magazine they had a way to do dust
collection when doing free hand routing. They put a couple of long gutter
spikes in the holes that accept an edge guide on the router. Then they
attached a 4" hose to the spikes. I have been making a bunch of half blind
dovetails using a jig. I tried their scheme and while not perfect, I got
about 90% of the chips in the bag on my dust collector rather than on my
floor. I have posted this same article with some pictures on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking if you care to have a look.

Dick Snyder

toller

I am interested in seeing what you have done, but can't seem to find the
binary site. Please advise.

Dust Collection Bob Davis Woodworking 13 January 3rd 04 10:38 PM
dust collection? Grant Erwin Metalworking 9 November 26th 03 07:44 PM
6" dust collection pipes Bob Davis Woodworking 16 November 26th 03 12:59 AM
Jet Cabinet Saw - dust collection question David Henkemeyer Woodworking 3 October 11th 03 05:46 PM