Dick Snyder

Default Pretty good dust collection doing some kinds of free hand routing

In the June/July 2004 issue of Wood magazine they had a way to do dust
collection when doing free hand routing. They put a couple of long gutter
spikes in the holes that accept an edge guide on the router. Then they
attached a 4" hose to the spikes. I have been making a bunch of half blind
dovetails using a jig. I tried their scheme and while not perfect, I got
about 90% of the chips in the bag on my dust collector rather than on my
floor. I have posted this same article with some pictures on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking if you care to have a look.

Dick Snyder