Default buying advice wanted: set of brad point bits

I want a good set, minimal runout, of brad point bits. I have the
cheapo HF set, but the runout is horrible. I probably want 1/8 to 1/2
by 1/16 steps. Any reason to get a set in the 1/32 or 1/64 steps?

Lee Valley?

thanks, good post

they also have some regular hss bits and presumably some tapered
pilot/shank/countersink kits

any thoughts on which is "best"? LV or Rockler?

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:56:23 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

wrote:

I want a good set, minimal runout, of brad point bits. I have the
cheapo HF set, but the runout is horrible. I probably want 1/8 to 1/2
by 1/16 steps. Any reason to get a set in the 1/32 or 1/64 steps?

Lee Valley?

Just got an email from Rockler showing a set of 25 HSS brad points for
$20. See
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=10627

Usual disclaimers here.
mahalo,