grinder

Default Polish question

I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did a pretty
good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was going to use
Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring back the
luster?

SonomaProducts.com

Any good past wax. Apply with 0000 steel wool and buff up to luster you
prefer.

Keep in mind with wax, less is more, it takes very little and too much
will buff up nicely eventually but marks up easier (hand prints, etc.).

George

"grinder" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did a

pretty
good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was going to use
Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring back

the
luster?

Well, by heritage Polish, but I guess it's Shinola you're curious about.

Are you _sure_ it's the finish that's dull, or is it just dirt you didn't
get? Make sure it's the finish, by wiping with mineral spirits, then wax
it if it is. I wouldn't apply with even a mild abrasive (0000) unless I
could see scratches in it. I'd use the soft cloth and buff.

Nate Perkins

"grinder" wrote in
nk.net:

I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did a
pretty good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was
going to use Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring
back the luster?

Any kind of paste wax (Johnson's, Briwax, Trewax, Liberon, etc etc) with a
soft cloth.

I wouldn't use steel wool if the table is supposed to have a high gloss
finish.
grinder

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
. 125.201...
"grinder" wrote in
nk.net:

I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did a
pretty good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was
going to use Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring
back the luster?

Any kind of paste wax (Johnson's, Briwax, Trewax, Liberon, etc etc) with a
soft cloth.

I wouldn't use steel wool if the table is supposed to have a high gloss
finish.

Thanks. There are some cracks in the finish because the table is so old
but I don't want to refinish it right now.

Nate Perkins

"grinder" wrote in
.net:

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
. 125.201...
"grinder" wrote in
nk.net:

I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did
a pretty good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was
going to use Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring
back the luster?

Any kind of paste wax (Johnson's, Briwax, Trewax, Liberon, etc etc)
with a soft cloth.

I wouldn't use steel wool if the table is supposed to have a high
gloss finish.

Thanks. There are some cracks in the finish because the table is so
old but I don't want to refinish it right now.

Oh, paste wax isn't a refinish. It's routine maintenance for most
furniture surfaces.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
Replacement mortar question Paul Home Repair 8 December 2nd 03 01:18 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM
Question about possible 'floating neutral' donald girod Home Repair 1 June 30th 03 03:47 AM