George

"grinder" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have an old table which I cleaned with Murphy's Oil Soap. It did a

pretty
good job of cleaning it but now the finish is dull. I was going to use
Liquid Gold and then thought better of it.

Anyone know of a good polish that I can put on the table to bring back

the
luster?

Well, by heritage Polish, but I guess it's Shinola you're curious about.

Are you _sure_ it's the finish that's dull, or is it just dirt you didn't
get? Make sure it's the finish, by wiping with mineral spirits, then wax
it if it is. I wouldn't apply with even a mild abrasive (0000) unless I
could see scratches in it. I'd use the soft cloth and buff.