John

Default Lee Valley pricing

I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

Paul Kierstead

John wrote:
I read here a while back

Crawl back under the bridge.
Unisaw A100

Leon

"John" wrote in message
I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

Name one company with a better reputation that does not raise their prices
and then go away.

f/256

"John" wrote in message
I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

This is what they answered when I asked them:

************
Thank you for your e-mail. We have received similar comments recently as
the US dollar continues to lose value. We price our catalog in the summer
months. We completed our pricing with an exchange rate of 1.38 CAD/USD at
that time. Today's spot rate is 1.18 - a decline of some 15%.

What many consumers do not recognize is the numerous additional factors
involved in pricing, beyond exchange rates. With many of our products
(purchased up to 14 months in advance) our costs are fixed at that time.
For other products, we may have to purchase through a distributor in Canada,
where there can be a significant built-in disadvantage in costs between
markets - essentially, we may have different costs in different markets, and
have to price that way as well. We have actually stopped selling our Leigh
Jig to American customers recently because it costs us more to purchase the
product than we are recouping with the published US prices.

We can certainly understand how one could perceive the differences you've
cited as a "premium" for Canadians - but in reality, it's the American
prices that are now out of whack - and are lower than is healthy for us in
the long term. Our prices in Canada accurately reflect the costs of doing
business.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your concerns with us and we
look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,

Wanda Gibson
Internet Customer Service Representative
***********

John

"f/256" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

So Lee Valley has NO PROBLEM raising the price to Canadian customers on a
wide range of items but won't raise prices to Americans.
Makes sense, Americans would be screaming like stuck pigs.
Lee Valley knows the Canadian customer won't behave in the same manner.

We can certainly understand how one could perceive the differences you've
cited as a "premium" for Canadians - but in reality, it's the American
prices that are now out of whack - and are lower than is healthy for us in
the long term. Our prices in Canada accurately reflect the costs of doing
business.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your concerns with us and

we
look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,

Wanda Gibson
Internet Customer Service Representative
***********

Paul Kierstead

John wrote:

So Lee Valley has NO PROBLEM raising the price to Canadian customers on a
wide range of items but won't raise prices to Americans.
Makes sense, Americans would be screaming like stuck pigs.
Lee Valley knows the Canadian customer won't behave in the same manner.

GD Trolls continue to get me. Anyway, so you are saying that the LV is
charging more then the current catalogue prices to Canadians? Odd, I was
there just a couple of days ago and this wasn't the case. You are full
of ****.
Rob Lee

"John" wrote in message

"f/256" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs

in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the

dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

snip

'zat you again "Robert"???

We have not changed any prices (other than introductory specials (2?) )
since the main catalogue was printed.

Prices change Sept for Wood, Oct/Nov for Hardware, and January for
Gardening....that's it.

Cheers -

Rob

John

"Rob Lee" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

"f/256" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their

catalogs
in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the

dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

snip

'zat you again "Robert"???

We have not changed any prices (other than introductory specials (2?) )
since the main catalogue was printed.

Prices change Sept for Wood, Oct/Nov for Hardware, and January for
Gardening....that's it.

I have a price increase sheet I received with my last order.
As soon as I set up my snazzy new scanner later today I will scan it and
post to the binary group.

Dave in Fairfax

Rob Lee wrote:
'zat you again "Robert"???
We have not changed any prices (other than introductory specials (2?) )
since the main catalogue was printed.
Prices change Sept for Wood, Oct/Nov for Hardware, and January for
Gardening....that's it.
Cheers -
Rob

Sure sounds like him doesn't it. You ever notice how the gutless
wonders don't have a valid addy or any ID info? Just another
pitch in the dust, Robin, let it go by.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Dave Balderstone

In article , John
wrote:

I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

Hey, John/Robert/whatever?

FOAD.
Rob Lee

"John" wrote in message

"Rob Lee" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

"f/256" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their

catalogs
in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when

the
dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

snip

'zat you again "Robert"???

We have not changed any prices (other than introductory specials (2?) )
since the main catalogue was printed.

Prices change Sept for Wood, Oct/Nov for Hardware, and January for
Gardening....that's it.

I have a price increase sheet I received with my last order.
As soon as I set up my snazzy new scanner later today I will scan it and
post to the binary group.

That would be woodworking products, also in the gardening catalogue, (or
hardware, or gift Items, also added to the gardening catalogue).... what we
call "cross-over" products...

Every item has a "primary" catalogue - and is priced once per year, with its
associated main catalogue...

Cheers -

Rob

Leon

Wanda, I am afraid this troll got you hook, line and sinker. You
explanation was appreciated but certainly not needed.

Prometheus

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:52:50 -0800, "John" wrote:

I read here a while back that because Lee Valley prints their catalogs in
advance they couldn't give Canadians a break on the prices when the dollar
rose.
I have to laugh at that.
Lee Valley has no problem RAISING prices between catalogs.

Hello John, meet Robert in my kill-filter.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
BeerBoy

Hi Rob,
I thought I posted this a couple days ago but it seems to have dissapearred.
My apologies if this shows up twice.

First, I'd like to say that I'm a very satisfied LV customer. I just
finished spending my LV gift certificates on some K-Body sets at your
Coquitlam store. Lee Valley's customer service is second to none.

I also have a question regarding this US/CAN pricing thing.

Would a customer shopping at a Canadian LV store be able to purchase goods
at the US catalog price if paying in US funds?
Just curious.

Thanks.

stickdoctor

"John" wrote in

[...]