BillyBob

Default My favorite low cost Christmas gift

At the request of my family, I put together a few suggestions for low cost
gifts to give me for Christmas. One of the suggestions was a project
calculator that was on sale at Rockler for $19.95. Its thin and light and
slips into a shirt pocket easily. The main feature of this calculator is
that it accepts input in fractions and presents results in fractions. I
have found this little jewel to be a great stress reliever in the shop. I
am good at math, but working with fractional math (the bain of being in
America!) is mentally draining for me. Like yesterday, I was laying out a
clamp rack addition for some new bessey k-bodies. Hmmm, let's see, I've got
16" width and need 1 1/2" for each clamp. Allow 7/16" for a spacer between
each one. You get the picture. I did all the math on the project
calculator and got it right the first time!

Bob

Nate Perkins

"BillyBob" wrote in
hlink.net:

At the request of my family, I put together a few suggestions for low
cost gifts to give me for Christmas. One of the suggestions was a
project calculator that was on sale at Rockler for $19.95. Its thin
and light and slips into a shirt pocket easily. The main feature of
this calculator is that it accepts input in fractions and presents
results in fractions. I have found this little jewel to be a great
stress reliever in the shop. I am good at math, but working with
fractional math (the bain of being in America!) is mentally draining
for me. Like yesterday, I was laying out a clamp rack addition for
some new bessey k-bodies. Hmmm, let's see, I've got 16" width and need
1 1/2" for each clamp. Allow 7/16" for a spacer between each one. You
get the picture. I did all the math on the project calculator and got
it right the first time!

If I didn't already have one, this is what I would ask for:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/83490.asp

WilliaJ2

One of the suggestions was a project
calculator that was on sale at Rockler for $19.95. Its thin and light and
slips into a shirt pocket easily.

Wal-Mart has these in NJ for $12.95 regular price. Real handy in the shop.

Usual disclaimer, not associated with WalMart, Project Calc. etc.

Big John

Take out the TRASH for E-mail.
Tim Douglass

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:20:34 GMT, Nate Perkins
wrote:

If I didn't already have one, this is what I would ask for:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/83490.asp

Duluth Trading is loaded with stuff I'd like to have. Too bad it is
all expensive. :-(

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
BillyBob

"WilliaJ2" wrote in message
Wal-Mart has these in NJ for $12.95 regular price. Real handy in the shop.

Cool. I'll remember that when I buy a couple for future presents.

Bob

Nate Perkins

Tim Douglass wrote in
:

wrote:

If I didn't already have one, this is what I would ask for:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/83490.asp

Duluth Trading is loaded with stuff I'd like to have. Too bad it is
all expensive. :-(

Hi Mike,

Yeah, the only thing I've bought from Duluth is that $20 shop apron. They
do send me a catalog now and then but most of the stuff isn't my style
(e.g, don't know what I'd do with an "unlined fire hose chore coat" or a
"Canadian military 3-in-1 jacket." ... YMMV).

The shop apron's very good though. It's really comfortable and it's saved
me from getting glue on my clothes and helps keep the sawdust out of the
house.

Cheers,
Nate
jo4hn

Nate Perkins wrote:
Tim Douglass wrote in
:

wrote:

If I didn't already have one, this is what I would ask for:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/83490.asp

Duluth Trading is loaded with stuff I'd like to have. Too bad it is
all expensive. :-(

Hi Mike,

Yeah, the only thing I've bought from Duluth is that $20 shop apron. They
do send me a catalog now and then but most of the stuff isn't my style
(e.g, don't know what I'd do with an "unlined fire hose chore coat" or a
"Canadian military 3-in-1 jacket." ... YMMV).

The shop apron's very good though. It's really comfortable and it's saved
me from getting glue on my clothes and helps keep the sawdust out of the
house.

Cheers,
Nate

Sigh. I bought a shop apron on sale at Rocklers for about $15. Canvas,
fits well, looks fine. Bought it because LOML would toss a perfectly
good shop t-shirt with a small stain on it. Said she didn't want me
going into town looking like something or another. But now, she likes
the apron and tells me not to get it dirty or stained. Anybody else
think this is rather bizarre behavior? How do you spell Catch-22?
twitch,
jo4hn
Tim Douglass

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:51:37 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

How do you spell Catch-22?

M-a-r-r-i-a-g-e

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:49:46 GMT, Nate Perkins
wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote in
:

wrote:

If I didn't already have one, this is what I would ask for:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/83490.asp

Duluth Trading is loaded with stuff I'd like to have. Too bad it is
all expensive. :-(

Hi Mike,

Uhhh...

Yeah, the only thing I've bought from Duluth is that $20 shop apron. They
do send me a catalog now and then but most of the stuff isn't my style
(e.g, don't know what I'd do with an "unlined fire hose chore coat" or a
"Canadian military 3-in-1 jacket." ... YMMV).

The shop apron's very good though. It's really comfortable and it's saved
me from getting glue on my clothes and helps keep the sawdust out of the
house.

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:51:37 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Nate Perkins wrote:
Tim Douglass wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I just tell my wife what I want in the way of shop aprons and she
makes them for me. Complete with the pockets I want where I want them,
out of the materials I want, etc.

Nice arrangement.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.

Pounds on Wood

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

They make the best T-shirts that I have ever worn. Not expensive either. I
also may try the FOM's.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:39:18 -0800, Tim Douglass
wrote:

.... snip

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

FOM?

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry

Nate Perkins

Tim Douglass wrote in
:

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

Around last Father's Day they were selling those long-tailed tee shirts in
a little white tub labelled "crack spackle."
Pounds on Wood

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:39:18 -0800, Tim Douglass
wrote:

... snip

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

FOM?

FOM = Freedom of Movement

Hopefully, movement refers to your shoulders and arms.
--
********
Bill Pounds

Tim Douglass

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:28:56 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:39:18 -0800, Tim Douglass
wrote:

... snip

Actually I've looked at the FOM shirts they have. I hate having my
shirt tails always coming out, and my size tends to make me prone to
the dreaded "plumbers-butt".

FOM?

Freedom Of Movement. They have extra material in the underarm area and
an added back gusset. They're a bit expensive for my pocketbook, but I
hate the way most shirts bind on me, so I may try them anyway.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com