stephes

Default Groz Planes FB

Anyone with feedback on Groz Jack and/or Smoothing planes? I'm considering
buying after looking at them today at the Rockler Co. retail store in
Tukwila, WA. They're made in India (www.groz-tools.com) and look like a
good value for a budget price. The salesman quoted me $35 for the smoothing
plane and $40 for the jack plane. The Rockler website doesn't have much
info..

TIA

Stephes

JGS

Hi Stephes,
Go here and use groz. Discussed about three weeks ago. You are not also know as
Doug are you? JG

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en....woodworki ng

stephes wrote:

Anyone with feedback on Groz Jack and/or Smoothing planes? I'm considering
buying after looking at them today at the Rockler Co. retail store in
Tukwila, WA. They're made in India (www.groz-tools.com) and look like a
good value for a budget price. The salesman quoted me $35 for the smoothing
plane and $40 for the jack plane. The Rockler website doesn't have much
info..

TIA

Stephes

arw01

I recently bought the low angle block plane. I would say the fettling
will be pretty lengthy from initial inspection.

I have thrown up some photos here.

The blade will take some time to take the machining marks off.

The sole needs lapped as there is a visiable bump at the troat.

Somewhere between .002 and .003 need to be removed to flatten it.
Bugbear has a site which details drawfiling which would make short work
of that process.

http://alan.firebin.net/low_angle_groz.html

Alan

Groz planes Doug Woodworking 2 December 5th 04 07:12 PM
Groz Planes David G. Sizemore Woodworking 10 November 26th 04 05:09 AM
FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see. Steve Knight Woodworking 66 August 1st 04 12:59 AM