wolfb

Default Home Bar basement

I'm planning a home bar project and wonder if any of you kind sirs know a
good site where someone might view already built projects. Is there a site
where one might submit their pictures for others to enjoy?

Thanks

Wolf-==-

Edwin Pawlowski

"wolfb" wrote in message
I'm planning a home bar project and wonder if any of you kind sirs know a
good site where someone might view already built projects. Is there a
site where one might submit their pictures for others to enjoy?

Thanks

Wolf-==-

You won't find that information here. We do woodworking; we are pure of
heart, mind, and body and do not partake of spirits or the devil's urine.

As for posting pictures, alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Bob Carpenter

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:43:00 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"wolfb" wrote in message
I'm planning a home bar project and wonder if any of you kind sirs know a
good site where someone might view already built projects. Is there a
site where one might submit their pictures for others to enjoy?

Thanks

Wolf-==-

You won't find that information here. We do woodworking; we are pure of
heart, mind, and body and do not partake of spirits or the devil's urine.

As for posting pictures, alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Speak for your self bud. I want to enjoy life. ;-}

WoodchuckCanuck

Try a couple links at
http://woodworkersworkshop.com/freew...ex.php?cat=105
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.woodchuckcanuck.com

rob

wolfb wrote:
I'm planning a home bar project and wonder if any of you kind sirs

know a
good site where someone might view already built projects. Is there

a site
where one might submit their pictures for others to enjoy?

Thanks

Wolf-==-

Wolf,
I built a homebar a few years ago based on a plan from Rockler for a
freestanding bar. I turned it into a built-in and made it much longer.
The mirror plan that comes with it looks pretty nice too. You can see
my version he
http://robandkaren.webhop.org/woodworking.htm (Its about half way down
the page)

WoodchuckCanuck

rob wrote:
I built a homebar a few years ago based on a plan from Rockler for a
freestanding bar.

Rob,
Impressive! Very nice indeed.
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.woodchuckcanuck.com

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfb
I'm planning a home bar project and wonder if any of you kind sirs know a
good site where someone might view already built projects. Is there a site
where one might submit their pictures for others to enjoy?

Thanks

Wolf-==-

I've always wanted to have a walk-in cooler for kegs and a bar, but SWMBO will neither sign off on such a project, nor allow the diversion of funds to pay for it.

Think of the possibilities...here's some links to check out:

http://hbd.org/franklin/public_html/...sj/walkin.html

http://www.brewrats.org/walkin.cfm
wolfb

I haven't been able to find much on the internet as far as home built bar
projects go other than the recurring and annoying plans for sale buy the
same company. There is at least one person here interested in the like so
I'll put up some links to my project.
It has a marble top (came from a demo project at the U) which will
eventually be flooded with envirotex. The oak styles and skirts were mined
from the local area and donated by a friend. I got the tower off eBay
(kind of an overkill, the fridge only holds a pony, but it looks cool).
There is still a ways to go but you get the idea.

Here I was fitting the elbowrest that I got from Rockler.
http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/elbowrest.jpg

This is the mostly finished bar. Notice the wall hanging liquor cabinet.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/bar1.jpg

Another shot

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/bar2.jpg

View of the back with wet sink and drink well. The drain pan is now in.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/backbar.jpg

I'm really proud of the foot rail. It came from a closed down micro brewery
in my small town that I spent many a Saturday afternoon in and it's closing
spurred me on to build the basement bar.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/footrail.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Wolf-==-

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

wolfb wrote:
I'm really proud of the foot rail. It came from a closed down micro brewery
in my small town that I spent many a Saturday afternoon in and it's closing
spurred me on to build the basement bar.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/footrail.jpg

I see the cuspidor but where are the peanut shells? Aside from that, it looks
great.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

wolfb

Thanks, Mort. Every bar needs one cuspidor. I was waiting to install the
peanut shells after I got the 3' of slate laid down in front. Kinda hard to
put slate over peanut shells you know.
Cheers!
Wolf-==-