Never Enough Money

Default Two Barrel grip jigsaws: Which is best?

Bosch 1591EVSK versus Makita 4341FCT.
Both seem pretty nice -- what do I get for an extra $30 for the Bosch?

Brian

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...

what do I get for an extra $30 for the Bosch?

A better jigsaw.

Brian.

Daddyman

"Brian" wrote in message

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...

what do I get for an extra $30 for the Bosch?

A better jigsaw.

Brian.

Seconded.

Russ,
a very happy 1584 owner

Edwin Pawlowski

"sandman" wrote in message news:design-
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw...but I wish I had a barrel
grip. The Bosch is second to none.
I'm not a Makita fan.
If I had to do it all over again?

Bosch barrel grip...yup.

Why the barrel? I've not used either one but was leaning towards the top
handle. Maybe I'm just conditioned to look for the handle like on my crappy
B & D that was about $20.
Ed

Leon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

Why the barrel? I've not used either one but was leaning towards the top
handle. Maybe I'm just conditioned to look for the handle like on my
crappy B & D that was about $20.
Ed

Some people feel the barrel is easier to control. I see no advantage to
either except I used to use my dads when I was kid back in the 60's and his
was a barrel grip. After a while his would get almost too hot to handle.
The top handles are better insulated from any heat build up if that is still
a problem.

TaskMule

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"sandman" wrote in message news:design-
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw...but I wish I had a barrel
grip. The Bosch is second to none.
I'm not a Makita fan.
If I had to do it all over again?

Bosch barrel grip...yup.

Why the barrel? I've not used either one but was leaning towards the top
handle. Maybe I'm just conditioned to look for the handle like on my

crappy
B & D that was about $20.
Ed

I know the barrel-grip Bosch does get hard to hold during long heavy cuts.

It gets hot and edges begin to dig in to your hand.

TeamCasa

Snip
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw

I like mine too!
Dave

Steve

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
Snip
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw

I like mine too!
Dave

DITTO!
My Milwaukee (actually it's a rebranded & recolored Swiss-made AIG) really
_is_ "Heavy Duty".
And that I got it brand new for $80 by playing the price match games make it
all the sweeter :-)
--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

Steve,
http://www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

sandman

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"sandman" wrote in message news:design-
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw...but I wish I had a barrel
grip. The Bosch is second to none.
I'm not a Makita fan.
If I had to do it all over again?

Bosch barrel grip...yup.

Why the barrel? I've not used either one but was leaning towards the top
handle. Maybe I'm just conditioned to look for the handle like on my crappy
B & D that was about $20.
Ed

Maybe it's because the hand is closer to the blade and closer to the
work. It also allows you to rotate the saw on it's longitudinal axis so
you can work upside down without having to go into contortions.
I do use it upside down in confined areas when I install countertops.

The switch in the Milwaukee is so big, it covers almost 1/3 of the
inside handle. So in the beginning, I was constantly turning it on when
picking it up. I got used to it now. It does a wondeful job when I cut
patterns etc.

One thing I do NOT like about the Bosch barrel, the switch is on the
side and sometimes, when cutting out a sink hole in a counter top, the
switch will be right against the wall/backsplash so I can't get at it to
turn it off with backtracking my cut. I don't know if they still put the
switch there, but the one I use is about 12 years old. This one also has
a screwdriver you stick in the top handle to change blades...a real PITA.
And it is not VS.

LOL...maybe I'm due for a new one?
Mmmmm the Festool Trion PS 300 EQ looks like it would fit the bill?
http://www.festool-usa.com/portando/...eiten.cfm?id=2
89
or may be a Bosch?
http://www.mytoolstore.com/bosch/jigsaws.html
damn switch is still on the side...then again, so is the Festool for a
hundred bucks more...mmmm

naaaaaaa.. still saving for my Lamello.

Maybe next Cristmas.?

Ho ho ho

Rob

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 03:58:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"sandman" wrote in message news:design-
I am very happy with my Milwaukee jigsaw...but I wish I had a barrel
grip. The Bosch is second to none.
I'm not a Makita fan.
If I had to do it all over again?

Bosch barrel grip...yup.

Why the barrel? I've not used either one but was leaning towards the top
handle. Maybe I'm just conditioned to look for the handle like on my crappy
B & D that was about $20.
Ed

I've used both and prefer the top handle. others prefer the barrel
grip.