Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default New Senco PC1005 Compressor

This week I purchased a Senco PC1005 compressor. I want to post my
experience with the product since I was not able to find much in this
group on the product.

I wanted a small shop compressor mainly for brad/finish nailing,
occasionally support a framing nailer, and quiet. I tried a
Porter-Cable oil-free pancake from Lowes (before I knew about oil-free)
which worked great, but was way too loud. I found out about the Senco
PC1010 in this group, but wanted something a little bigger.

The Senco PC1005 has a 2.5 gallon tank and an oil-lubed 1hp motor. The
unit is small and quiet and well built. According to Senco, the sound
level is around 75dba. Much better than the 92dba for the
Porter-Cable. For reference the PC1010, which is the compressor that
comes with the Brad Nailer/Compressor was rated at around 66dba.

With a brad nailer at 100psi I get 18 shots before the compressor turns
on to recover. With a framing nailer the same pressure, I get 6 shots.
I recommend this compressor to anyone with similar needs.