Ben

Default HF 14" Bandsaw, Anyone have one?

I 'm looking at buying a bandsaw. I know I want a 14". Does anyone have an
opinon on the Harbor Frieght one? It wont get used alot, but I would like
to not have to replace it 5 years from now.

Thanks
Ben

John Moorhead

Ben -

About 5, 6 years ago, I purchased the 3 (4?) speed 14 HF Woodworking Bandsaw
on sale for about $220. I also ordered the riser kit to extend the resaw
capability to 12". It took for....ev...............er.... to get it, a
couple of months. IIRC, the saw went together without any trouble.

Make no mistake, it's not a PM or Laguna, but it has served me well and was
worth the money. The guides and table trunnions are a bit on the light
side, and frankly, if you were doing a lot of resawing or veneer making,
you'd want a better saw. But, for 2 or 300 bucks, I think it's worth it.

I use it mostly for curved parts and some veneer and resaw work. I think
it's the same saw as some of the branded chaiwanese imports, with the
exception of the guides.

Others will chime in...

John Moorhead

Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
New bandsaw saga Part I (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:39 PM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM