pondria

Default Panasonic 15.6volt Multi-tool Impact Wrench Drill/Driver

I am considering to buy this one. I have an 8 years old 12V Panasonic
Drill that I love. The clutch is slipping though. I have heard some
good things about Impact drivers for driving screws. 12v Impact driver
itself is only $40 cheaper than this multi-tool. So, I think this is a
good deal.
Now, here is my concern. When the keyless drill chuck is attached, the
whole thing becomes pretty long - 11inch. Isn't it a problem ? I want
to hear from the folks who have been suing this tool.
Thanks !

Leon

Something else to consider. Panasonic is a premium top notch product. My
9.6 Panasonic is going on 12 years old. I am buying the impact driver also
but I am getting the Makita. From the back of the driver to the chuck is
right at 6". I seriously doubt that I will ever use a "drill" chuck on it.
With that in mind, if you buy one of the particular 12 or 14 volt Makita
impact drivers before Dec 31 you can send in for a free same voltage MForce
Makita drill using the rebate.

Something else to consider when driving screws with an impact driver,
driving with variable speed will let you finesse it more easily than a non
variable speed. I do not know if Panasonic is variable speed but I do know
that some DeWalt impact drivers are not.

ups.com...