Dave

Default Any experience with Coleman Powermate cordless tools?

Pep boys recently advertised a set of "coleman powermate" tools for
very cheap ($99 for an 18 volt kit including drill, recip saw, small
circular saw, and light and 2 batteries).

Does any one have experience with this brand of tool? They carry a 2
year warranty so I might give them a shot but would like to know if
anyone else has tried them.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Pep boys recently advertised a set of "coleman powermate" tools for
very cheap ($99 for an 18 volt kit including drill, recip saw, small
circular saw, and light and 2 batteries).

Looked at them and put them back on the shelf. They may be OK for the
homeowner that will use them once every six months, but they look kind of
cheesy to me. If you look at comparable sets from the pro tool makers, they
run closer to $500 to $600. Depends on your needs.

SonomaProducts.com

I bought the drill for $25. They wanted $30 for an extra battery, I was
almost gionna do it when my young daughter says, "Just buy another
drill daddy". Brilliant kid. Anyway, I just bough the one drill. It was
obviously straight off the boat from China, real rough finish.

The tooless chuck had a tight spot. I' figured this would wear in over
time and get better. However, it just got worse and worse until it
locked up and I could turn it at all.

Kragens Auto gave me a new one for the asking and it continues to work
but you get what you pay for.

Also, the weak little charger takes about 24 hrs (per the manual) to do
a full charge on the battery.

BW

Jay Pique

"Dave" wrote:

Pep boys recently advertised a set of "coleman powermate" tools for
very cheap ($99 for an 18 volt kit including drill, recip saw, small
circular saw, and light and 2 batteries).

Does any one have experience with this brand of tool? They carry a 2
year warranty so I might give them a shot but would like to know if
anyone else has tried them.

"Buck" from work uses a Coleman cordless drill. It seems to work for
him, but I don't think he aspires to greatness if you know what I
mean.

I'd probably go with Ryobi before Coleman.

JP
***********************************
BTBAOCO.
Matt Zack

Sorry for the delayed response, but I did buy this set and I am sorry I
wasted my money. The battery does not hold a charge as long as my Bosch or
Panasonic, the circular saw poops out after cutting through a couple of
2x4's and the recip is very weak also. The light is OK, but if you are
looking for rugged tools, look elsewhere.
Matt

oups.com...

Brand of tools? Darren Woodturning 14 January 28th 04 12:39 AM
Power tools in Europe (long) Christian Aufreiter Woodworking 23 October 17th 03 10:44 AM
[post] Nikota tools? Home Repair 8 September 25th 03 04:24 PM