Wuzfuzde

Default proformax dru sanding machine

I recently bought the smaller verison of preformax sander sanding drum
10-20 machine - $499 -i am having serious tracking problems -the guides seem
to anti productive- The overload switch seems to be very critical-but mostly
the tracking of the converor belt is causing cocncerns - the machine has
shredded the sides and the seams on the belt has began to come apart- has
anyone else had these concerns - i may have tightened the tracking screws too
tight but don't think so - Before the warranty runs out I am considering take
it back and buying the largest model .any experince with this 10-20 model wold
be appreciated .thanks
Bob

"Wuzfuzde" wrote in message
I recently bought the smaller verison of preformax sander sanding drum
10-20 machine - $499 -i am having serious tracking problems -the guides

seem
to anti productive- The overload switch seems to be very critical-but

mostly
the tracking of the converor belt is causing cocncerns - the machine has
shredded the sides and the seams on the belt has began to come apart-

has
anyone else had these concerns - i may have tightened the tracking screws

too
tight but don't think so - Before the warranty runs out I am considering

take
it back and buying the largest model .any experince with this 10-20 model

wold
be appreciated .thanks

Have you talked to customer support? They are pretty good at sorting things
out or making a defect right for you.

Bob

Tyke

I second the "call Jet tech support. I have the 16-32 model and had some
intial problems. When I called the tech support fellow he was very helpful
and sent out a replacement part.

I also had tracking problems with my belt. I spent a lot of time
re-calibrating the rubber drive end to ensure it was parallel to the bed.
As delivered it was slightly out of parallel.

This helped my problem but I still had tracking problems which required a
frequently release tension, move belt to the other side and re-tension.

I eventually replaced the belt with a new one and the problem is now
corrected. A bad belt/alignment could be your problem.

I personally try to keep my belt reasonably tight, but not too tight. My
unit does not have problems with the overload switch, but I can trip my
breaker if I attempt to take too much in one pass from a wide board.

Dave Paine.

"Bob" wrote in message
. net...