John Moorhead

Default Sandpaper Source Query

Folks -

The post about the odd-sized disc and belt for the WT sander got me
thinking... There was a lady that sold sandpaper back east, Jersey, I
think, and her prices for good quality belts in custom sizes were more than
fair. The trouble is, I'll be darned if I can remember the name of the site
or the lady or her bizziness... I thought I had bookmarked it, but I've
recently "upgraded" to Windoze XP, and you ALL know what a farcical
experience THAT can be... I can't find the bookmark in my folders... so...

Do any of you have ANY idea? I did get the link from a post here, but
darned if I can remember enough to not get a zillion hits with DAGS.. My
lizard brain says something about "Barbara" but that's as far as it goes...

I need 4 x 38" belts for an old Atlas sander... Most of the custom belts
run at least 4 bucks per, and while it might be more economical in the long
run to purchase a newer, standard sized machine, this old Atlas Power King
belonged to my dad...and...

Any glimmer of hope amongst you?

TIA,

John

Steve Knight

here is who I like
A & H abrasives
18008316066

they make all my belts and inflatable sanding drum sleeves and every oddball
thing I need. prices are good on zirconia stuff. if you order before noon they
ship it the same day.
like I wanted PSA discs for my makita sharpener. they made them with a 1/2"
hole for me. a sheet of zirconia 24"x36" for my lapping plate.
sleeves for my sanding drums in any grit and any weight backing. they can do
single items though you get a discount on orders of three or more.
all their material is priced per square foot so shape does not matter.
always use the blue zirconia on grits 120 and below. it last so much longer it
is the best value.
I get 6x89 belts for about 15.00 that's blue zirconia belts. that's 1/2 for
local of the same brand.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Tom Quackenbush

Tom Quackenbush wrote:
John Moorhead wrote:

snip

Do any of you have ANY idea? I did get the link from a post here, but
darned if I can remember enough to not get a zillion hits with DAGS.. My
lizard brain says something about "Barbara" but that's as far as it goes...

snip

Barbkat?
http://www.barbkat.com/

Yes, no, maybe? Hello, is this thing on?

R,
Tom Q.

John Moorhead

Tom -

I sent you a private email thank you yesterday...and I changed the obvious
in your address... hmnnnnn... Anyway, YES! Thank you SO much - THAT was
site I was hunting for... I've emailed myself the link AND bookmarked it.

Ever,

John Moorhead

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
Tom Quackenbush wrote:
John Moorhead wrote:

snip

Do any of you have ANY idea? I did get the link from a post here, but
darned if I can remember enough to not get a zillion hits with DAGS.. My
lizard brain says something about "Barbara" but that's as far as it
goes...

snip

Barbkat?
http://www.barbkat.com/

Yes, no, maybe? Hello, is this thing on?

R,
Tom Q.

Gary

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Barbara Snyder

http://www.barbkat.com/

Most 6"X48" belts are around $9 each at the BORGs. I bought 10 belts plus
10 9" adhesive backed sanding disks from her for around $35 delivered. A
genuine American small family business.

Gary

Sandpaper source for Performax 16-32 Matt Zach Woodworking 3 January 13th 04 02:46 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Need Sandpaper Source Ghodges2 Woodturning 3 October 28th 03 02:58 PM