JasB

Default Air Hockey Table - Plans

My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table"
I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one.
However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent sized
one I would be pleased to have some information.

Thanks
wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com

JasB

Jim Stuyck

Don't want to throw cold water on your plans, but at local
stores (Academy, Oshman's, Sears come to mind) you can
purchase one -- all the holes drilled, all the graphics
applied -- for prices ranging from about $60 and up. In
fact, it looks like you get a lot for the money.

I bought one recently for my grandchildren to use when they
visit. And, today, they (girl 5, boy 7) "helped" me put together
a similarly-priced table soccer game.

Jim Stuyck

"JasB" wrote in message
My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table"
I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one.
However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent
sized one I would be pleased to have some information.

Thanks
wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com

JasB

JasB

Never mind the cold water - I am in the UK (Scotland)
and a decent one of the size I am thinking about would cost close on
£200.00 Pstg - about $370 USD

Plans would be most welcome

JasB

"JasB" wrote in message
My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table"
I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one.
However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent
sized one I would be pleased to have some information.

Thanks
wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com

JasB

Joel Corwith

In the 70s my brother built one from plans in Popular Mechanics. Basically
a 4x8 sheet with holes drilled every 1"^2. I recall he used pegboard for
the hole guide. Lot of time hunched over with a drill. His had a large air
plentum underneath (big box), but newer ones have a second sheet of ply
which has groves routed into it making it much thinner. It was a shame to
cut it up when we moved as he didn't account for the size when he built it
in the basement.

"JasB" wrote in message
My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table"
I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one.
However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent
sized one I would be pleased to have some information.

Thanks
wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com

JasB

Adam Weber

"JasB" wrote in message
My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table"
I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one.
However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent

sized
one I would be pleased to have some information.

Thanks
wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com

JasB

One site he