Bill Hinshaw

Default Router bit help needed

I bought the Lee Valley Drawer Lock bit (16J76.62) and I am perplexed about
how to set it up properly for 3/4" fronts and 3/4" sides. The double
profile bit is 3/4" high. I sure would appreciate some guidance.

Bill in Franklin

Bob

"Bill Hinshaw" wrote in message
.net...
I bought the Lee Valley Drawer Lock bit (16J76.62) and I am perplexed

about
how to set it up properly for 3/4" fronts and 3/4" sides. The double
profile bit is 3/4" high. I sure would appreciate some guidance.

Too bad, Lee Valley doesn't give any instructions at all. That is
surprising.

Rockler has excellent full color instructions on their site in a PDF file.
The bit should work identically to your Lee Valley. Ignore the instruction
to use their Jig-it. Make some test cuts in for both faces and adjust the
height until the pieces fit together properly. The idea is that you set the
height once and use the same setting for both boards that will fit together
for the drawer. Be sure you use good technique and consistent pressure when
using the bit.

http://www.rockler.com/tech/53825.pdf

Bob Davis,
Houston, Texas

mp

I bought the Lee Valley Drawer Lock bit (16J76.62) and I am perplexed about
how to set it up properly for 3/4" fronts and 3/4" sides. The double
profile bit is 3/4" high. I sure would appreciate some guidance.

Perhaps the setup instructions for their small drawer lock bit would be
similar (item 16J76.72).

An Ultimate Router Table - Part I: A Short Story Unisaw A100 Woodworking 15 August 4th 04 10:43 PM
Plunge or non-plunge router better under table? LRod Woodworking 31 June 28th 04 10:23 PM
Router Cabinet bowhunter Woodworking 8 February 19th 04 04:22 PM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 01:33 AM