max

Default You guys are killing me!!!!!!

I have been agonizing over which planer to buy for the last two weeks. I
have posted questions asking if people thought the Delta or Dewlt was the
way to go. I finally decided on the Dewalt about an hour ago. I then see the
post that the price has dropped over $150 since I last checked an hour ago.
So I bought it.
I have also been searching for a dado set. I really wanted the Forrest but
couldn't afford it. I have been checking out Freud sets on EbayI figured it
was going to cost around a $100 for a used one. Then I see the post that
Amzon has the Forrest for $150. That's half price. So I ordered that
tonight. I am excited, and eager to start work. I have spent most of the
week getting the shop set up. Maybe Monday will see some wood being cut.
Max

Bob

"max" wrote in message
[...]

I read your message and could not believe my eyes. You have magical timing.
These are both astounding buys on two great products. I have the Forrest
Dado set and its as good as it gets.

I wonder if these price drops are indicative of what we can expect for the
coming Christmas season.

While you are shopping, please find me a similar deal on a Lamello Plate
jointer, a Laguna bandsaw, and a few Lie Neilson and Tom Knight planes.
Well, I have good taste anyway.

Bob

Leon

"max" wrote in message
[...]

That Forrest dado set does not appear to be the Dado King set. I know that
Forrest did sell a cheaper set and they may have been discontinued but their
Best dado set is the Dado King. The 8" Dado King that sells for about
$270.00 is DK081S. I doubt that the set you are getting is at half
"regular" price. I don't mean to pop your bubble but if you are expecting
the Dado King you might want to verify.

max

Bob
I know. I have checked the price at least a dozen times on Amazon and 12
other sites. I did check the price on Amazon less than an hour before
receiving the two emails. I ordered the Dado and the planer thinking
carefully for at least two minutes before plunging ahead.
Looks like I am in business.
I had a Lamello and loved it. I am probably going for the PK or Dewalt
Biscuit joiner.

Thanks guys.
max

"max" wrote in message
[...]

Hank Gillette

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

That Forrest dado set does not appear to be the Dado King set. I know that
Forrest did sell a cheaper set and they may have been discontinued but their
Best dado set is the Dado King. The 8" Dado King that sells for about
$270.00 is DK081S. I doubt that the set you are getting is at half
"regular" price. I don't mean to pop your bubble but if you are expecting
the Dado King you might want to verify.

They've apparently changed the number to DK08244 and that's the one
Amazon is selling for $149. It's apparently the same set that's selling
for $249 and up elsewhere.

--
Hank Gillette

Ba r r y

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:05:34 GMT, "Bob"
wrote:

I read your message and could not believe my eyes. You have magical timing.
These are both astounding buys on two great products. I have the Forrest
Dado set and its as good as it gets.

I will now as well... G

Barry
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

max wrote:
I have also been searching for a dado set. I really wanted the Forrest but
couldn't afford it. I have been checking out Freud sets on EbayI figured it
was going to cost around a $100 for a used one. Then I see the post that
Amzon has the Forrest for $150. That's half price. So I ordered that
tonight. I am excited, and eager to start work. I have spent most of the
week getting the shop set up. Maybe Monday will see some wood being cut.

After buying all my tools, who the hell can afford wood?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

igor

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:49:24 GMT, max wrote:

I have been agonizing over which planer to buy for the last two weeks. I
have posted questions asking if people thought the Delta or Dewlt was the
way to go. I finally decided on the Dewalt about an hour ago. I then see the
post that the price has dropped over $150 since I last checked an hour ago.
So I bought it.
I have also been searching for a dado set. I really wanted the Forrest but
couldn't afford it. I have been checking out Freud sets on EbayI figured it
was going to cost around a $100 for a used one. Then I see the post that
Amzon has the Forrest for $150. That's half price. So I ordered that
tonight. I am excited, and eager to start work. I have spent most of the
week getting the shop set up. Maybe Monday will see some wood being cut.
Max

Max -- I cannot see either of these prices and on the dw735 I've been
shopping it for the past 2 weeks at Amazon, as well as at ebay, froogle,
etc.

So, could you try something for us and report? Go back to Amazon and see
if the same prices still come up for you. Based on some interesting
pricing posts in the last 12 hours here at the wrec, one of two things
happened (or maybe both): (1) Amazon had a substantial pricing database
problem, and/or (2) they are using their special variable pricing model
again. #2 involves offering different prices to different people even at
the same time -- based on some algorithm they have. So, if you have bought
tools before they may offer one price (higher) but if you have been
shopping but not purchased before (or recently) you get a different price
(lower).

TIA. -- Igor
Leon

"Hank Gillette" wrote in message
In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

That Forrest dado set does not appear to be the Dado King set. I know
that
Forrest did sell a cheaper set and they may have been discontinued but
their
Best dado set is the Dado King. The 8" Dado King that sells for about
$270.00 is DK081S. I doubt that the set you are getting is at half
"regular" price. I don't mean to pop your bubble but if you are
expecting
the Dado King you might want to verify.

They've apparently changed the number to DK08244 and that's the one
Amazon is selling for $149. It's apparently the same set that's selling
for $249 and up elsewhere.

I find it odd though that Amazon does not list it as the Dado King.

Bob

"igor" wrote in message

Max -- I cannot see either of these prices and on the dw735 I've been
shopping it for the past 2 weeks at Amazon, as well as at ebay, froogle,
etc.

So, could you try something for us and report? Go back to Amazon and see
if the same prices still come up for you. Based on some interesting
pricing posts in the last 12 hours here at the wrec, one of two things
happened (or maybe both): (1) Amazon had a substantial pricing database
problem, and/or (2) they are using their special variable pricing model
again.

Igor, the Dewalt is a different deal from a misprice. I logged on the site
last night and it was marked as "So low we cannot publish the price" or
something like that. You had to actually put it in your grocery cart and
start the order process to see the low price. I did and it was exactly as
Max reported. I was tempted to buy one just so I could resell it on ebay.
He apparently got a fleeting short time great deal - kind of like the
Jorgenson cabinet master sale last year at woodcraft. If you placed your
order within a 15 nano-second window you got a big gloat.

Bob

NOTME

"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...

"igor" wrote in message

[...]

That is exactly they way the Delta X5 deal was. I haven't heard a peep out
of them since.

Bill Wallace

Biscuit joiner... I have the Dewalt, have used the PC and Lamello. I'd
rate the Dewalt last and the Lamello best.

FYI, Dewalt does take first place in some categories for me but not
for this tool.

BW

"max" wrote in message
[...]

RonB

YO! We are supposed to be enjoying this!

There are plenty of influences in our lives that are killing us, this
shouldn't be one of them.

(Unless, of course, you are a professional. If so, feel free to enjoy the
stress.)

Prometheus

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:44:45 -0600, "RonB" wrote:

YO! We are supposed to be enjoying this!

There are plenty of influences in our lives that are killing us, this
shouldn't be one of them.

Ok, stop and take a deep breath. Every so often I get like that over
BS on usenet too. Happened recently when the weather turned cold and
I was spending too much time on the computer- and not enough time in
the shop. You're right, this shouldn't be killing you- take a couple
of days to ignore the computer entirely and do something else. I know
I was getting all tied in knots for a bit thinking that none of my
tools were adequate, and I was missing so many advanced woodworking
techniques that I couldn't even make a passable pallet if I tried.
But Lo and behold, when I went down to my shop to make a lathe stand
(actually an oak entertainment center with my lathe bolted to the top)
everything was ok again. Turns out all the tools were fine, the
finish worked well, and nobody even gave a damn that I made it but me.

So go chop up some wood, and be happy!

(Unless, of course, you are a professional. If so, feel free to enjoy the
stress.)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam