Skip Summer

Default Wooden Dowel Rod People Question

Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip
Clint

A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of hobby
wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the point to this
reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless you live in Western
Canada, however, the name of the store won't help you. But the type of
store might.

Clint

"Skip Summer" wrote in message
m...
Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip

firstjois

Clint wrote:
A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety
of hobby wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the
point to this reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless
you live in Western Canada, however, the name of the store won't
help you. But the type of store might.

Clint

"Skip Summer" wrote in message
m...
Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip

A lot of craft catalogs offer these, try a Google search.

Josie

Patrick

Skip,

They are called "people" strangely enough. Playskool uses them in a lot of
their toys. The best ones are turned on the lathe. Most craft stores carry
one or two of the eight different types that are available. I sell scale
wood to schools for bridge, tower, and home construction learning and will
be bringing on board all eight different types (people) by the pound for
woodworkers and crafters. If you need just a few . . . go to Michaels. If
you want twenty to 100 . . . www.woodbythebundle.com .

I do not have anything listed yet ( turned wood ) as I am still gearing up
for the 100 plus different types to be offered by the pound, you can email
me of your needs and I will see what I can do to get you some ahead of time.
Wheels, balls, knobs, finials, plugs, cubes, spindles ,glue pins, etc. if it
is wood . . . I will have it soon.

P. G. Bray

"Norman D. Crow" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
On 14 Nov 2004 14:53:33 -0800, (Skip Summer)
wrote:

Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip

Playskool

Were these dowels with a head "turned" on them, or a dowel with a ball
glued
on? You can buy the wooden balls in various sizes from craft stores, etc.

--
Nahmie