J T

Default 1/5 SCALE SHERMAN TANK

http://www.gizmology.net/tanks.htm

I noticed this has been updated.

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:03:40 -0500, (J T)
calmly ranted:

http://www.gizmology.net/tanks.htm

I noticed this has been updated.

Excellent! I can see how he got the "Best Dad" awards.

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design
- nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com

RonB

Very nice project. I am sure you son will enjoy it as much as you did
putting it together.

Are you really going to put a potato or pneumatic cannon in it? Those
things can pack one hell of a whallop - even fatal! A friend of mine built
one from PVC that was fueled by hair spray and sparked with a butane match.
I watched him shoot a potato at an empty 55 gallon drum one day. It moved
the drum about two feet and caved the side in pretty well. He could launch
tubers 500 - 600 feet.

That would take care of the refreshment table at the next pool party.

RonB

Are you really going to put a potato or pneumatic cannon in it?

I did note from you site you are planning on shooting foam plugs from the
gun. Just remember kids are accomplished at finding other ways to use an
item.

Ever build a carbide or acetylene cannon. We did at age 10 or 11 - Awesome!

Lobby Dosser

"RonB" wrote:

Are you really going to put a potato or pneumatic cannon in it?

I did note from you site you are planning on shooting foam plugs from
the gun. Just remember kids are accomplished at finding other ways to
use an item.

Ever build a carbide or acetylene cannon. We did at age 10 or 11 -
Awesome!

Every parking lot an armory! Every vehicle a potato cannon! At age 8, we
were stuffing potatos in exhaust pipes. The results were somewhat random.

mac davis

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:15:38 -0600, "RonB" wrote:

Very nice project. I am sure you son will enjoy it as much as you did
putting it together.

Are you really going to put a potato or pneumatic cannon in it? Those
things can pack one hell of a whallop - even fatal! A friend of mine built
one from PVC that was fueled by hair spray and sparked with a butane match.
I watched him shoot a potato at an empty 55 gallon drum one day. It moved
the drum about two feet and caved the side in pretty well. He could launch
tubers 500 - 600 feet.

That would take care of the refreshment table at the next pool party.

we used to make firecracker guns... I quit when I knocked a few boards
out of the back fence with one and got grounded for about 10 years..
roflmao
Badger

J T wrote:

http://www.gizmology.net/tanks.htm

I noticed this has been updated.

"The Sherman was a cool little tank."
I don't think so, they wern't called tommy cookers for nothing!
GTO69RA4

"The Sherman was a cool little tank."
I don't think so, they wern't called tommy cookers for nothing!

They're neat tanks, from a historical perspective. I sure as hell wouldn't want
to go out and fight in a tippy lightweight box with a rechromed aircraft engine
on its last legs, though.

GTO(John)