R.H.

Default Another tool ID needed XX

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Leon

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

179. Looks like a something to add to a shoe to aid in traction.

181. Tap for a shoe.

Andy Dingley

On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) wrote:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

I'm sure you already know what it is, but 181 would be called a "seg"
in the UK. Not sure if the same term is used elsewhere.
--
Smert' spamionam
Morris Dovey

R.H. wrote:

178 Soldering tip for propane torch
181 Heel plate (or tap)
183 Watch bezel

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
Mark Jerde

175 -- I used this over 30 years ago. It came in a Tandy leather craft
package. It's used for making decorative cuts on the leather surface but I
don't recall what it is called. Possibly "swivel knife" because to cut
curves you press down with an index finger while twisting the barrel between
your thumb and index finger.

Thanks for the memories. Doubtless my leathercraft kit is still in a box in
my parents garage. ;-)

-- Mark

BAD

183 ROMEX connector nut

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

BAD

183 romex connector nut

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Wood Butcher

178. Soldering tip for a propane torch.
179. Antique crampon like device to attach to shoe for walking on ice/snow.
181. Tap for shoe.
183. Electrical conduit connecting nut(ring?)

Art

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

179. Looks like a something to add to a shoe to aid in traction.

Correct.

181. Tap for a shoe.

It's for a shoe, but it's not a tap.

R.H.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) wrote:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

I'm sure you already know what it is, but 181 would be called a "seg"
in the UK. Not sure if the same term is used elsewhere.
--
Smert' spamionam

Correct, it's a metal stud to protect the shoe from wear.

R.H.

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
R.H. wrote:

178 Soldering tip for propane torch

Correct.

181 Heel plate (or tap)

The first part of this is right, it's not a tap.

183 Watch bezel

This one isn't for a watch.

Rob

R.H.

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
175 -- I used this over 30 years ago. It came in a Tandy leather craft
package. It's used for making decorative cuts on the leather surface but

don't recall what it is called. Possibly "swivel knife" because to cut
curves you press down with an index finger while twisting the barrel

between
your thumb and index finger.

Thanks for the memories. Doubtless my leathercraft kit is still in a box

in
my parents garage. ;-)

-- Mark

Yes, swivel knife is the correct term for this one.

R.H.

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message
178. Soldering tip for a propane torch.

I think this is correct.

179. Antique crampon like device to attach to shoe for walking on

ice/snow.

Right

181. Tap for shoe.

This one isn't a tap.

183. Electrical conduit connecting nut(ring?)

Correct.

Rob

R.H.

"joey" wrote in message news:%Sbjd.304992$wV.9729@attbi_s54...

http://www.builderdepot.com/seo/MADI...ONNECTOR.ihtml

Thanks for the link, mine looks just like that except for the seam running
along the circumference.

R.H.

I went to the flea market this morning and was looking through a box of
small pieces of miscellaneous hardware where I found some 1" diameter white
plastic balls. I bought three of them along with some metal ball bearings,
I was hoping someone here could tell me what these white balls might be for,
there is a photo of them he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ett65/awbs.jpg

FMB

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

176 is an igniter of some sort, the flint is held in the lefthand cylinder,
the wheel above it scratches the flint, the knerled knob on the right is
what you spin between your finger and thumb.

171 is a tarp clamp. You place it at a tarp location you want to tie down.
You place the tarp in the jaws, slide the locking mechanism to the right
(photo right), and there is a hole on the left that you can put a rope in.

182 Something you might find in a house of ill repute?

181 is nailed to the heal of a shoe or boot to protect the heal from wearing
to quickly.

180, Diamond Plate?

--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

R.H.

"max" wrote in message
These polyethylene balls come in various sizes and are floated on liquid

deal with evaporation or oxidation of chemistry.
max

Thanks for the reply, I did some searching and found some of the ones that
you mention he

http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/polyst...stic-balls.htm

Mine are different than these, they don't have a seam and more importantly
they don't float.

Further searching leads me to think that they might be the UHMWPE (ultra
high molecular weight) balls:

http://www.k-mac-plastics.net/uhmwpe-plastic-balls.htm

They seem a little pricey at $48.41 for five balls, anyone know what these
are used for?

Larry Jaques

On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

178. Butane soldering iron tip
179. snow or ice cleat for a shoe
180. aluminum stair tread
181. shoe tap
182. sheet feeder from old mimeograph machine
183. nut for electrical conduit fitting
171. polymer tarp tiedown. I have a dozen from LVT.
174. old fisherman's pliers for hooks/split shot sinkers

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -

Puff Griffis

178, Soldering head for a propane torch.
179. Ice grip for your boot.
180, No idea
181. Heal saver for the boot you walked on ice with.
182, Drop spindle
183,Some sort of locking ring
Puff

"R.H." wrote in message =
om...
Just added a new post this morning:
=20
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
178, Soldering head for a propane torch.

Probably right.

179. Ice grip for your boot.

Yes

180, No idea
181. Heal saver for the boot you walked on ice with.

Correct.

182, Drop spindle

Incorrect.

183,Some sort of locking ring

Yes.

Rob

R.H.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

178. Butane soldering iron tip

Yes, but others have suggested propane, maybe it works for both.

179. snow or ice cleat for a shoe

Correct.

180. aluminum stair tread

It's made of thin plastic, so it isn't a tread.

181. shoe tap

This one isn't a tap.

182. sheet feeder from old mimeograph machine

Nope.

183. nut for electrical conduit fitting

Probably right, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to the hardware
store to verify it.

171. polymer tarp tiedown. I have a dozen from LVT.

Yes

174. old fisherman's pliers for hooks/split shot sinkers

Correct.

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:42:51 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

182 Something you might find in a house of ill repute?

Possibly, if they have old lanterns there.

Is it for holding a gas mantle in shape ?
--
Smert' spamionam
R.H.

183. nut for electrical conduit fitting

Just found a similar one, it's a conduit locknut, so this answer is correct:

http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_2...s/Locknut.html

R.H.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:42:51 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

182 Something you might find in a house of ill repute?

Possibly, if they have old lanterns there.

Is it for holding a gas mantle in shape ?

No, the knob is turned to raise or lower the wick. Maybe lantern is the
wrong word for one of these, I probably should have said oil lamp.

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:04:01 GMT, "R.H." calmly
ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

178. Butane soldering iron tip

Yes, but others have suggested propane, maybe it works for both.

I said butane because it's a twist-on. Butanes are portable and
propane usually had screw-on tips like oxy/acet.

180. aluminum stair tread

It's made of thin plastic, so it isn't a tread.

Hmmm...what size is that grid pattern?

183. nut for electrical conduit fitting

Probably right, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to the hardware
store to verify it.

It is, I gare on TEE.

* Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
* --Noah * http://www.diversify.com

R.H.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:04:01 GMT, "R.H." calmly
ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On 6 Nov 2004 03:44:36 -0800, (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Just added a new post this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

178. Butane soldering iron tip

Yes, but others have suggested propane, maybe it works for both.

I said butane because it's a twist-on. Butanes are portable and
propane usually had screw-on tips like oxy/acet.

180. aluminum stair tread

It's made of thin plastic, so it isn't a tread.

Hmmm...what size is that grid pattern?

The two in focus points in the foreground are 1/4" apart.

183. nut for electrical conduit fitting

Probably right, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to the

hardware
store to verify it.

It is, I gare on TEE.

Yep, I've confirmed it's a conduit locknut.

Badger

R.H. wrote:
180. aluminum stair tread

It's made of thin plastic, so it isn't a tread.

Hmmm...what size is that grid pattern?

The two in focus points in the foreground are 1/4" apart.

Hummm, plastic sheet for use in a window frame for "privacy"?