RKG

Default Another compressor question

My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out
and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he
couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with
a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears
the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket
material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with
threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick
Rossco in Oshawa

I just rebuilt a gas powered weed-wacker and got some sheet gasket material
(variety pack) from Partsource in Oshawa.

I don't know where you are based but might be worth a try.

Good Luck

"RKG" wrote in message
. ..
My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out
and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he
couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with
a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears
the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket
material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with
threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Pounds on Wood

Try browsing the McMaster Carr site for various reinforced gasket/seal
materials.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"RKG" wrote in message
. ..
My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out
and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he
couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with
a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears
the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket
material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with
threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Dan Valleskey

try just using permatex.

Or cut thin cardboard to fit, soak it with permatex.

Or just use cardboard with some RTV silicone on it.

Hell, I did that all the time on cars, until I got old enough to know
there was another way.

http://www.permatex.com/

Unless it is the diaphram itself that is shot. Than you need rubber,
I guess.

-Dan V.

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:12:34 -0500, RKG
wrote:

My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out
and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he
couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with
a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears
the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket
material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with
threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

ted harris

In news:RKG typed:
My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out
and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he
couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with
a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears
the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket
material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with
threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any
help would be appreciated.

Click ont the link here and read the story. The name and number is in red
at near the bottom. After you call the guy, please let me know if he was
able to help you...
http://www.tedharris.com/compressor.htm
--
Ted Harris