Winthrop Chan

Default Using 2HP harbor freight DC on 220v?

This is a question for the owners of the Harbor Freight 2 HP dust collector.
The website and the manual both say it's 110v @ 20A. I did a search on the
WRECK and didn't see any information on this either.

I just wanted to know if any owners out there have actually looked at the
wiring to see if it can be switched to 220v instead.

Any insight on if this is possible is greatly appreciated!

-Winthrop

AAvK

This is a question for the owners of the Harbor Freight 2 HP dust collector.
The website and the manual both say it's 110v @ 20A. I did a search on the
WRECK and didn't see any information on this either.
I just wanted to know if any owners out there have actually looked at the
wiring to see if it can be switched to 220v instead.
Any insight on if this is possible is greatly appreciated!

HF's website is now offering .pdf manuals on their product pages, in case you didn't know.

Alex

Peter De Smidt

AAvK wrote:
This is a question for the owners of the Harbor Freight 2 HP dust collector.
The website and the manual both say it's 110v @ 20A. I did a search on the
WRECK and didn't see any information on this either.
I just wanted to know if any owners out there have actually looked at the
wiring to see if it can be switched to 220v instead.
Any insight on if this is possible is greatly appreciated!

HF's website is now offering .pdf manuals on their product pages, in case you didn't know.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, but it mentions nothing about 240.

-Peter
Bob

"Peter De Smidt" pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in message

Yes, but it mentions nothing about 240.

I'm not sure how reliable the documentation is. The manual also says to use
16 guage extension cord to carry 15 amps, when the motor pulls 20 amps!!!.
Hmmm, I bet they got their 2 HP rating using the Sears inflation-o-meter for
measuring motor horsepower.

Bob

Alan W

I'm not sure how reliable the documentation is. The manual also says to use
16 guage extension cord to carry 15 amps, when the motor pulls 20 amps!!!.
Hmmm, I bet they got their 2 HP rating using the Sears inflation-o-meter for
measuring motor horsepower.

I've got a new one sitting on my floor in the box still, awaiting a
Wynn cartridge conversion. When I get it hooked up, I will measure
the current draw with a Kill-A-Watt meter to see what's up.

The postings on the wreck and other woodworking news groups are quite
favorable on this machine, and Wynn mentioned the motor was VERY
heavy.

There happens to be a electric Motor rebuilder very close to my work,
I might take it over and ask them about going to 240v.

Alan