jack

Default Bought a finish gun

Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun that also
came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good price
for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you guys
use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Eric Ryder

"jack" wrote in message
newsDrgd.133522$Lo6.15522@fed1read03...
Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun that
also
came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good
price
for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you guys
use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling
rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework. Making
up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings where
pullout is a concern (screen beads).

jtpr

They'll keep a cat in one place...

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam
"Eric Ryder" wrote in message

"jack" wrote in message
newsDrgd.133522$Lo6.15522@fed1read03...
Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun that
also
came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good
price
for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you

guys
use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling
rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework. Making
up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings where
pullout is a concern (screen beads).

Cherokee-LTD

"jtpr" wrote in message
: They'll keep a cat in one place...
:
: --
: -Jim
: ©¿©¬
:
Be sure to use stainless steel or run the risk of infection.

-Brian

jtpr

Power Hand Planer....

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam
"Eric Ryder" wrote in message
How do you then skin it?

"Eric Ryder" wrote in message

"jack" wrote in message
newsDrgd.133522$Lo6.15522@fed1read03...
Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun

that
also
came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good
price
for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you

guys
use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling
rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework.
Making
up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings

where
pullout is a concern (screen beads).

I bought the same combo last year. Another reply gave some common uses for
the stapler, so i'm just going to put in my 2cents and say you made a good
choice. I do quite a bit of finish carpentery and the gun (well, both guns)
have performed very well. The only thing i've noticed is that sometimes
(using generic nails) the gun will fire two nails when it reaches the end of
one clip and starts another. I think when another clip is added the lead
head ends up underneath the head on the last nail of the other clip and it
fires two.
Anyhow, as a precaution, you may want to watch this if you are putting a
nail in a place where it could cause grief. I usually wait until it
completely runs out of nails to reload, or just remove the last few and put
in a new clip. dave

"jtpr" wrote in message
Power Hand Planer....

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam
"Eric Ryder" wrote in message
How do you then skin it?

"Eric Ryder" wrote in message

"jack" wrote in message
newsDrgd.133522$Lo6.15522@fed1read03...
Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun

that
also
came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a
good
price
for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you
guys
use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling
rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework.
Making
up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings

where
pullout is a concern (screen beads).

I have the same combo but I paid almost $40 more than you did and
thought I was getting a good price. The stapler for me was just an
added bonus as I got the gun with a lot of trim work in mind. But I
ended up using the stapler before I used the nailer when I had to
install some 3/8 inch plywood sheets for a new ceiling on my patio
roof. I used the 1" staples and they worked great. They will not
pull through thin wood like brads would. I have since found the need
to pull out the staple gun on several other occasions so I'm glad I
have it.