Robert Moore

Default Uneven bandsaw table

I have a 12" Jet bandsaw. Material catches on the lip when feeding
material into the blade. By lip I mean where the table has a slot for
sliding a blade for mounting. Using hand pressure I can true up the
table so that a straight edge will lay flat, but as soon as I release
the pressure the straight edge will have a gap on the infeed side.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

R.A. Moore
Charley

In most, if not all, bandsaws there is a tapered pin that is inserted into a
hole in the edge of the table that bridges the slot. When this pin is in
place it keeps the table flat.

Is your pin missing?

Charley

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
m...
I have a 12" Jet bandsaw. Material catches on the lip when feeding
material into the blade. By lip I mean where the table has a slot for
sliding a blade for mounting. Using hand pressure I can true up the
table so that a straight edge will lay flat, but as soon as I release
the pressure the straight edge will have a gap on the infeed side.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

R.A. Moore

George

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cf...kd own_ID=320

At $1.79, replace if missing. If you've got a bit of a burr which is
catching versus a missing pin, chamfer the iron with a bit of 220 SiC paper.