TeamCasa

Default Decent budget TS switch?

These are what I used.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...758359&ccitem=
or
http://tinyurl.com/3mqzt

These are what I used. Oh wait - $40.00 - Go to the Borg and buy a switch
made for lights - $6.00 for 10.

key phrase "original toggle switch crapped out on me"

Dave

"GTO69RA4" wrote in message
I'm just about done getting a vintage 1.5HP Rockwell contractor's saw back
together, and the original toggle switch crapped out on me. Do any of you
folks
have favorites for modern swtiches that're easier to use (like a large
button
type, etc) and easy on the wallet? I'll probably just get another cheap
toggle
or a 20A light switch rather than some kind of $40+ specialty switch if
it's in
that range.

GTO(John)

Unisaw A100

GTO John:
I'm just about done getting a vintage 1.5HP Rockwell contractor's saw back
together, and the original toggle switch crapped out on me. Do any of you folks
have favorites for modern swtiches that're easier to use (like a large button
type, etc) and easy on the wallet? I'll probably just get another cheap toggle
or a 20A light switch rather than some kind of $40+ specialty switch if it's in
that range.

Believe it or don't but the best (OK, least expensive)
switch I've found is the one sold by Jet for their Sooperdy
Dooperdy Saw. I'm installing one for An Ultimate Router
Table that set me back a whole whopping $20ish. I did bead
blast it and re-paint it first.

You can find the manual on the Jet ((The WMHeLeMiNOhPee
Group) site and then it's a matter of calling and ordering.

It's as simple as eating pie.

UA100
patrick conroy

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:12:13 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

Believe it or don't but the best (OK, least expensive)
switch I've found is the one sold by Jet for their Sooperdy
Dooperdy Saw. I'm installing one for An Ultimate Router
Table that set me back a whole whopping $20ish. I did bead
blast it and re-paint it first.

1) How's that table progressing? Still Ultimate, or starting to
resemble "the babe sitting next to you as 2am Bar Time approaches"?

2) You made my day. I'm happy to know that the table saw I spent $800
bucks on has a decent $20 switch. I got all my tools marked with
Post-It notes, so when I croak, my wife will know how much to sell
them off for. I'm upping my SuperSaw sticker by twenty bux.

GTO69RA4

These are what I used.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...emId=161175835

9&ccitem=
or
http://tinyurl.com/3mqzt

These are what I used. Oh wait - $40.00 - Go to the Borg and buy a switch
made for lights - $6.00 for 10.

key phrase "original toggle switch crapped out on me"

Dave

Not the kind of thing I'm looking for, I already have a primo heater-type
three-pole starter switch. If I want to use a flip swtich on this thing I'll
just stick with the original metal toggle. It lasted 30 years and change and
that's good enough for me.

FYI, normal light switches are no good. They 20A industrial service models are
what I was considering.

GTO(John)

GTO69RA4

Believe it or don't but the best (OK, least expensive)
switch I've found is the one sold by Jet for their Sooperdy
Dooperdy Saw. I'm installing one for An Ultimate Router
Table that set me back a whole whopping $20ish. I did bead
blast it and re-paint it first.

You can find the manual on the Jet ((The WMHeLeMiNOhPee
Group) site and then it's a matter of calling and ordering.

It's as simple as eating pie.

UA100

Thanks, I remember I'd heard about that in the past. Coming from the Duke
himself it's gotta be golden.

GTO(John)
Unisaw A100

patrick conroy wrote:
1) How's that table progressing? Still Ultimate, or starting to
resemble "the babe sitting next to you as 2am Bar Time approaches"?

It's done. Actually I owe it another couple of swipes of
she-lak but it's done. An Ultimate Router Table Fence has
not been started and a good straight 2X4 sits ate the ready
for duty when required.

2) You made my day. I'm happy to know that the table saw I spent $800
bucks on has a decent $20 switch. I got all my tools marked with
Post-It notes, so when I croak, my wife will know how much to sell
them off for. I'm upping my SuperSaw sticker by twenty bux.

There you go.

UA100
patrick conroy

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 04:23:32 -0500, Unisaw A100
wrote:

It's done. Actually I owe it another couple of swipes of
she-lak but it's done.

We're watching ABPW...

An Ultimate Router Table Fence has
not been started and a good straight 2X4 sits ate the ready
for duty when required.

That's one that Pat Warner has on his site. If it's good 'nuff for
T.R.G., it's good enough...