Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mac davis

Default What makes a shop appealing?

In the thread about burning out on woodworking, we mentioned quite a
few reasons that we do what we do..
I wanted to add something my neighbor said the other night that really
made sense..

He comes by when he has a project or if I need help on one of mine, or
just shows up some nights with his coffee...

He mentioned the other night that one of the reasons that he liked
hanging out in my garage was that he loved the smell of sawdust...

Thinking back to my dad's sign shop and his wood working tools, I
realized that I've been addicted to the smell of sawdust all my
life... especially pine or fir, 2 common types of lumber in the west..