George Gibeau

Default Question on Ryobi 16/32 Sander

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it (all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:22:45 -0500, "George Gibeau"
wrote:

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it (all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....
George Gibeau

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand and
assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me where I can
get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

-George-
news
wrote:

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it
(all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or
if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:07:40 -0500, "George Gibeau"
wrote:

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand and
assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me where I can
get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

-George-

mine was about $700 or so a year and a half ago from a local store
with the mfr's frequent $50 coupon.
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4

news
wrote:

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it

(all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or

if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....

Must be hot at that price....or used??

--
© Jon Down ®
"You cannot make someone love you.

Herb Robinson

I would get the Performax -- particularly for an asking price of $600. I
paid between $300 and $400 for mine (without the stand) and have not been
happy with it. My biggest gripe is that it's just about impossible to
connect the right hand side of the belt. It's so difficult, I don't even
attempt to do it any more, just wrap a strip of duct tape around that part
of the drum. Also, be aware that Ryobi no longer produces this sander.

"P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4" wrote in message

news