DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question on Ryobi 16/32 Sander (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/72539-question-ryobi-16-32-sander.html)

George Gibeau October 9th 04 01:22 AM

Question on Ryobi 16/32 Sander

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it (all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

[email protected] October 9th 04 03:53 AM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:22:45 -0500, "George Gibeau"
wrote:

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it (all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....

George Gibeau October 9th 04 05:07 AM

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand and
assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me where I can
get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

-George-

[email protected] October 9th 04 05:57 AM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:07:40 -0500, "George Gibeau"
wrote:

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand and
assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me where I can
get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

-George-

mine was about $700 or so a year and a half ago from a local store
with the mfr's frequent $50 coupon.

patriarch October 9th 04 06:10 AM

wrote in
:

wrote:

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand
and assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me
where I can get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

-George-

mine was about $700 or so a year and a half ago from a local store
with the mfr's frequent $50 coupon.

Mine was about $800 in June at Rockler.

The only thing I would advise is to make certain that you really want the
sander. I haven't used mine nearly as much as I thought I would. It may
be a learning curve thing, but I'm finding it somewhat fiddly to use over
16" wide.

Patriarch,
thinking just how much Lie-Nielsen $800 buys....

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 October 9th 04 08:55 PM

wrote:

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi
16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it

(all
assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or

if
this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....

Must be hot at that price....or used??

--
© Jon Down ®
"You cannot make someone love you.

Herb Robinson October 10th 04 03:23 PM

I would get the Performax -- particularly for an asking price of $600. I
paid between $300 and $400 for mine (without the stand) and have not been
happy with it. My biggest gripe is that it's just about impossible to
connect the right hand side of the belt. It's so difficult, I don't even
attempt to do it any more, just wrap a strip of duct tape around that part
of the drum. Also, be aware that Ryobi no longer produces this sander.