Randy

Default Height of Router in lift

Can somone who has a Porter Cable 7518, mounted in one of the fancy new
lifters, measure the height, and let me know what it is.

I'm designing a new router table, and though I don't own them yet, I
want to design the table to fit them for the future.

Thanks, Randy

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Randy wrote:
Can somone who has a Porter Cable 7518, mounted in one of the fancy new
lifters, measure the height, and let me know what it is.

I've got both. What height? That of the router? Or of the router mounted in
the lift? I guess you're just interested in how much clearance you need.

BTW, you're going to love the combination.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Unisaw A100

Randy wrote:
Can somone who has a Porter Cable 7518, mounted in one of the fancy new
lifters, measure the height, and let me know what it is.

I'm designing a new router table, and though I don't own them yet, I
want to design the table to fit them for the future.

If you are wondering where/how far down you can put an
intermediate cross piece/shelf I remember measuring mine (An
Ultimate Router Table) as being 13"(ish) and I ended up
allowing 15" in the end to allow for proper air circulation.

I have the green router raiser that's the same as the blue
(bleu David) one which is also the same as the red one
depending on where you buy it/who you buy it from.

Pictures of An Ultimate Router Table are available upon
request.

UA100
Edwin Pawlowski

"Randy" wrote in message

Can somone who has a Porter Cable 7518, mounted in one of the fancy new
lifters, measure the height, and let me know what it is.

It is the same height in the lifter as out. The router does not change.

As for how much clearance below the top surface, it will be the router
height with bit in place and lowered to the most shallow working position
for that bit. The mechanism of the lift may or may not protrude below the
router. That is brand specific.

I'm designing a new router table, and though I don't own them yet, I want
to design the table to fit them for the future.

You'd be best off to get the measurements of a couple of brands. My router
is 9" below, but the Benchdog lift is about 10 1/2"
Ed

Plunge or non-plunge router better under table? LRod Woodworking 31 June 28th 04 10:23 PM
Router Cabinet bowhunter Woodworking 8 February 19th 04 04:22 PM
Anyone _not_ like routers? Silvan Woodworking 38 October 28th 03 05:38 AM
Woodhaven's new router lift Rob Woodworking 0 September 26th 03 04:45 AM