bob peterson

Default Cummins Industrial Tools

A few months ago, I bought a voltmeter and electrical tool set at one
of those traveling tool shows that was in town. Later on I determined
that it did not work. Iwas just going to toss it but then I sent them
an email and miracle of miracles today I received a refund check. No
requirement that I send them the non-functioning meter back. It did
take them awhile (the lady I emailed with said they were undergoing a
computer changeover and warned me it would take a while to get done)
but its hard to quibble too much.

Incidentally, it appeared to me the meter they sold me is a near
duplicate of the cheapo meter HF sells with a different brand name on
it and a different color plastic. I bought one at HF several years
ago for $5 or so on sale, and it works OK. Seems to read high on 480V
but otherwise seems close. I bought it for taking with me so if I
leave it somewher I won't be all that steamed up about it.
AL

I've been surprised by the good service I've received from travelling tools
shows like those held by Homier. I've also been dismayed by so called
retailers like Sears (who once processed a return as a sale, thus charging
me twice, and then requiring about a dozen phone calls to straighten out).

"bob peterson" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Bob Peterson

I bought some cheap sheet metal wall cabinets from Homier last time they
came through. can't beat them for $20. next time they come through I plan
to get a couple more. they have a metal pegboard back to them. very useful
and inexpensive. HF sells a duplicate of it for $40.

"AL" wrote in message
[...]

AL

Some other decent items from Homier:

-red floor standing sand blasting cabinet, around $100. HF has a similar
one on sale for $200.

-50' rubber air hose with spring loaded retractable reel. Just like the
ones in the auto shops. Around $40. HF has them around $80-$100.

-six wheeled molded plastic car creeper. I forget how much, but cheap.

-one piece welded steel mobile base (with foot pedal) for 14" bandsaw. It
fits my HF saw. I think it fits the Jet and possibly the Delta. This base
is very nice. $15.