Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Denny

Default Bandsaw choice for resawing?

I'm looking for a bandsaw that will allow me to resaw my own veneers (1/8th
inch) from hardwoods like cherry, maple, and maybe some imports as well.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to work with 6 to 10 inch wide stock. I've
read lots of reviews, been to google, and I know there are expensive saws
($1000+) that can do it, but I'd like something less expensive that can
handle the work. None of the reviews I've seen seem very specific, so I'm
wondering if any of you with experience resawing veneers can tell me what
works and what doesn't. I'm not as concerned with speed as I am with
accuracy. For examples, I'm wondering if either the Grizzly G0555 or the
Delta 28-206 are up to the task?
Thanks,
Denny