Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andy

Default Random orbital sander - Help me decide

I currently have a "Tim Tayler Signature" (I know, wow!) RO sander. It
has a 2.4A motor and 12,500 orbits/minute. When I apply pressure the
sander slows down and/or stops completely. My first thought is I need
a more powerful motor. But looking at what's currently available,
other than the real expensive ones, most motors aren't even 2.4A. So
what's the deal, is it a feature that the motor slows to prevent me
from scratching my work? Is it a common problem among all RO sanders?
I have had no reliability problems with this sander so I need to
justify replacing it. Thanks.
Andy