Leon

Do not apply pressure. You should only let the weight of the sander do the
work. If the sander is not removing material fast enough for you may need
more aggressive paper or to move up in power to a right angle style ROS.

.."Andy" wrote in message
om...
I currently have a "Tim Tayler Signature" (I know, wow!) RO sander. It
has a 2.4A motor and 12,500 orbits/minute. When I apply pressure the
sander slows down and/or stops completely. My first thought is I need
a more powerful motor. But looking at what's currently available,
other than the real expensive ones, most motors aren't even 2.4A. So
what's the deal, is it a feature that the motor slows to prevent me
from scratching my work? Is it a common problem among all RO sanders?
I have had no reliability problems with this sander so I need to
justify replacing it. Thanks.
Andy