Old May 20th 21, 05:15 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Save time cutting plywood

A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Old May 20th 21, 09:13 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in :

A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

There were adapters at one time to use a circular saw as a table saw. That
bloke is just going the opposite way!

Puckdropper
Old May 20th 21, 02:55 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 4:13:23 AM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in :
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

There were adapters at one time to use a circular saw as a table saw. That
bloke is just going the opposite way!

Puckdropper

Saw Table! I had one of those 30ish years ago. I still have the table out in the
shed, but without a saw attached. I use it as a portable worksurface every
now and then.
Old May 20th 21, 03:08 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 12:15:16 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

My favorite part of Imgur is the comments. Click the "Expand All"
link because the follow-up comments are often better than the
original comment.

e.g.

Comment: That's what a sled is for...
Follow-up: OK, but then you have to spend money keeping your reindeer fed

Comment: Australian table saw?
Follow-up: ˙ʇunɔ qɯnp uʞɔnɟ sᴉɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ uᴉ sn dɯnl ʇ,uop

Not sure if that will work in all newsreaders. It's an upside down sentence..
"Don't lump us in with this f-ing c..."
Old May 20th 21, 03:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/19/2021 11:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Something tells me that would not be faster adter having to lift the TS
up there upside down.

Old May 20th 21, 05:50 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/20/2021 10:47 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/19/2021 11:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Something tells me that would not be faster adter having to lift the TS
up there upside down.

That is like using your push mower to trim your hedges.

However it appears to be working for him.
Old May 20th 21, 05:53 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 May 2021 00:15:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

What a good idea! I'll have to try that with my Unisaw.
Old May 20th 21, 08:56 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 May 2021 12:50:06 -0400, knuttle
wrote:

On 5/20/2021 10:47 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/19/2021 11:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Something tells me that would not be faster adter having to lift the TS
up there upside down.

That is like using your push mower to trim your hedges.

However it appears to be working for him.

If he gets a kickback, it's going to be a Bugs Bunny show.
Old June 3rd 21, 02:08 PM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/20/2021 10:47 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/19/2021 11:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Something tells me that would not be faster adter having to lift the TS
up there upside down.

That is like using your push mower to trim your hedges.

However it appears to be working for him.

If he gets a kickback, it's going to be a Bugs Bunny show.

another future Darwin Award candidate...
Old June 3rd 21, 06:11 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 11:15:16 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A little trick that will save lots of time when you have more than one
sheet to cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Bz6KYk

Guessing that is a 10" table saw he is using. So it has about a 4" depth of cut. 5 sheets of 3/4" plywood. A 7.25" circular saw has about a 2.5" depth of cut. 3 sheets of 3/4" plywood. So he is able to cut 2 more sheets with the upside down table saw than if he used a common circular saw. It is an improvement in productivity. But enough to warrant the extra effort? Looks like the stack of plywood he is cutting is about 3 feet tall. About 50 sheets. So it will be 10 passes with his upside down table saw compared to 17 passes with a circular saw. Worth it? Its easier to push a circular saw than an upside down table saw. So I bet the effort and time used for 10 upside down table saw passes will be more than the 17 circular saw passes. So in the end its a negative from a labor, production, perspective.

This chap needs to use his obvious and vastly superior mind to invent a new and better way to cut plywood.